Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Missing Ass

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 09:45 AM
jeffnick
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Missing ***

I must have gotten a defective gear shift lever on my new E-350 Chateau. There's a button on the end of mine that says TOW/HAUL. It should say TOW/HAUL ***. That 10 Banger makes me feel like I'm driving an Indy car as she winds up through the gears.

Old 05-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
jeffnick

Your post will probably get deleted soon.... I hear you my tow haul mode gets reprogrammed for around town romping and I love it's shift feel and set you back in the seat firm shifts.

Send in your 15$$$ and be a supporter, we can be a lot more adult oriented up in the top members only forum and use some of the naughty words there (within reason)

Old 05-22-2005, 10:22 AM
captchas
you had better go back and clean up your wording . no profanity allowed here in fte

Old 05-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
*** is fine.

If the filters do not catch it then don't worry 'bout it.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Dang it Monsta I am trying to get more folks up top (grin)!

Old 05-22-2005, 05:58 PM
nisiar
Senior User
I was wondering what your motivation was, Fred! How often are you re-setting your trannys brain?

Old 05-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Once at 5000 miles just to see how different the re-learn behaved vs my 01 and four times now trying to see if I can decode the number of drive cycles that set it.

In my tinkering I found that if I re-train the standard program (not tow/haul), I can not tell any change. But if I re-train the tow Haul I can make it very mild mannered or pretty snappy on the up and down shifts.

I towed twice with the "factory" from new program and it was good enough to impress the hell out of me with the heavy towing behavior and performance.

I recently did a heavy trip where I re-trained it in the first couple of miles and her behavior out on the road with that load was very good and I think it is part of the reason why I posted 9.4 avg mpg for that tall mountain trip.

It is the program I am running right now, and empty the tow haul mode is a superior program for banging gears and pushing the acceleration on on-ramps to the point that you have to pay attention to the tach cause she wants to shift out only after max rpm and the three to four shift will over run the speed limit in a hurry! Very impressive.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:27 PM
jeffnick
Senior User
Sorry!

I apologise for the profanity. I was just so excited about the way my van runs I got carried away. We're about 3,000 miles into the trip from South Carolina to Alaska and I'm really getting a kick out of my new rig.

Old 05-23-2005, 02:34 PM
omnimax
Senior User
Everybody's always excited to get out of South Carolina.

J/K

I'm originally from North Carolina and couldn't resist. Have a good trip.

Old 05-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Jeffnick

No need for the sorry! I was messing with you

wee all know the feeling.... well except 88svt and photogman

Yes they are some azz kicking motors and the truck is an awesome machine

Enjoy your trip and when you can post more info on the trip so we can all sit here at work and dream of being out on the road in the best truck Ford has made to date!

Old 05-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought somebody lost a donkey...

Old 05-23-2005, 03:15 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 302 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Orn
I thought somebody lost a donkey...
That's what happens when you lose the {insert competitor's name here} and get a Ford. You miss that donkey when it's gone

I'd be almost afraid to drive the 3-valve at it's potential - I was thrilled more than once with my '01's (empty) performance on I-95 the other day. I can't imagine it with even more power and a 5-speed auto...

Old 05-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by krewat
That's what happens when you lose the {insert competitor's name here} and get a Ford. You miss that donkey when it's gone

I'd be almost afraid to drive the 3-valve at it's potential - I was thrilled more than once with my '01's (empty) performance on I-95 the other day. I can't imagine it with even more power and a 5-speed auto...
Goats, maybe????

I guess the Rock of the Chubby could be a Drum (rockhead - fish, nasty little slimeball).

Or maybe a Toy Yoda... (The Force could be strong with this one)

Old 05-23-2005, 08:31 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 302 Likes on 157 Posts
Goats, maybe????
Goats with Ovaries.

I guess the Rock of the Chubby could be a Drum (rockhead - fish, nasty little slimeball).
Don't have a reply to this one I have some slugs in the yard, for all I know, they wear bow-ties when I'm not looking... they keep multiplying and coming back year after year after year. They leave this oily substance behind as they slowly glide all over the place.

Or maybe a Toy Yoda... (The Force could be strong with this one)
I found a Toy Yoda once - it was out in the street - the neighborhood kids left it behind ... there was a Luke right next to it. And a brand-new Goat ran by, squeeking like heck when the brakes were applied - musta been that "time"... the Toy Yoda had this constipated look on it's face, but it couldn't make the Goat go away. However, none of this mattered because my green 10-headed beast was sitting in the driveway acting smug and paying no mind. And then the Fomoco put 30 teeth into the 10-headed beast and my driveway may sport a 10-headed monster but of a different color and a few more teeth, next year... and then the Mustang ran through my head... and while it only has 8 heads, it still has 24 teeth and a back seat.

Old 05-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

I was not aware they smoked that stuff on Long Island...woulda thunk they were more the wino persuasion...OH well learn sumptin new ever day

Hey kerwat! Listen up brother, that stuff will stunt your growth and make you believe that a 'stang will out pull a V10 powered F-250... Don't do it! The poor 'stang will get drugged all ober da back road and you will need knew tyres.

Quick Reply: Missing Ass