1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Finally some foreward progress...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:10 PM
jeffh
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally some foreward progress...

This won't be as exciting as what some ppl have posted, but I finally got my truck running... again. It had been getting harder and harder to start, so following advice from a thread here I pulled the starter and cleaned all contacts. Surprise, after putting it back on... nothing. Could barely get a blip from the starter button. So, after getting the battery and starter checked and verified OK (and no charges fortunately) I decided to play with the new cable kit I purchased. I replaced the two battery cables and now it fires right up! Looking at the old cables, the end of the ground cable that connects to the engine block looks loose. Now the big problem is that the new ground cable needs to be at least 4 inches longer -- I had to rotate the battery around in the tray to get the cable connected. Soooo... take care of that, then get the brake lightrs working again (new master cylinder plug) and replace brake fluid, and then.....

Old 05-19-2005, 10:32 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,781 Likes on 1,822 Posts
Jeff,
Glad to hear that you made some progress!!! Even better, you're running again. WOOHOO!!
I'm hoping to get mine put back together so I can drive it this summer

Good luck
Bobby

Old 05-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Daveski
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for you Jeff, i'm going to attempt to start my truck up this weekend. New plugs, wires, battery, MMO in each cylinder, drain and change the gas and she should be rearing to go. It will be my first attempt to start her up since I bought it in Dec.

Old 05-19-2005, 04:51 PM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Way to go Jeff. I'm hoping to get a couple hours in on my cab this weekend, but don't expect me to be driving anywhere for quite a while.