General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Memo to UPN: Just go away.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 02:13 PM
AlfredB1979
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Memo to UPN: Just go away.

Seriously,

WHAT WAS THAT!

So I decided to flip around on my TV during a commercial break on American Idol (channel 26), which I do not make a habit of watching either, btw; then all of a sudden I see this seriously gnarly face wearing these lousy looking shades that still could not hide the zits on the second chin of (drum roll again).....

BRITNEY FRIGGIN' OVERFEDHERFACE, er, SPEARS!

Or whatever her name is now.

Either way, it doesn't matter. She didn't sell because of her voice, as evidenced by whatever she was shreiking out in the few seconds that I was mortified at what I saw and now hubby gets to see her "let go" in a BIG way while she walks barefoot into unkept public bathrooms....

UPN, if you didn't get that making the only 2 women on a lousy show (ST: Enterprise) look like skanks wasn't going to save that spiraling-down-the-drain mess...and that other than maybe Veronica Mars, everything you've got sucks.....just nali boards to the office windows and quit while you are only "this" far behind.

Comment.....heck, don't comment. That would mean you actually watched and meant to do so!

Old 05-18-2005, 02:58 PM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
well...as long as you're not upset about it or anything.

deep breaths.....count to 10

Old 05-18-2005, 03:02 PM
77fordguy
Senior User
I could care less about her voice. As long as she still wears her little schoolgirl oufit, I will watch.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:11 PM
MRKnight
Elder User
Every once in a while a company will do somethig that annoys me SO much I just quit using them for anything. Old Navy commercials were so bad (still are) that I won't shop there anymore. Years backwhen UPN started they had this wicked cool show named "Nowhere Man". Basically the guy wakes up one morning nad no one knows who he is although he still remembers everything. The whole show was to last a few seasons and by the end we would all know what happened. It was addictive and had a HUGE following. One day the GENIUSES running UPN decided to up and cancel this wonderful show so they could put on their new show in its place. So the largely watched Nowhere Man was replaced before the series could end by Moesha

UPN has been of my list since.....

Old 05-18-2005, 04:47 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
UPN. . .

I deleted that channel from my line-up several years ago. I don't even remember the last time I watched it OR Fox OR WB.

Speed
Discovery
History Channel
OLN

Old 05-18-2005, 05:44 PM
bigdmizer
Elder User
I only watched one program in the last three weeks. That was the amazing race. Other than that I usually stick with discovery or history channel. I'm convinced That TV kills brain cells!

Old 05-18-2005, 05:54 PM
nightowl_52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What the hell's a Moesha ?

Old 05-18-2005, 06:21 PM
MRKnight
Elder User
Moesha was a "sitcom" that featured the then up and coming singer Brandy. An even worse spin-off of this show was "The Parkers", also a UPN bomb. I may not watch the stuff but I still know cause I soak up trivia like a sponge.

Old 05-18-2005, 07:42 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I remember Nowhere Man, I liked that show too. And Moesha? What a waste of video tape! (No, didn't watch it, didn't have to.) UPN: Unpleasant Programming for Nerds... -TD

Old 05-18-2005, 08:18 PM
nightowl_52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No wonder ! I don't watch UPN. From what I've seen on it, I'd rather watch infomercials. Thank goodness for cable. I hear it's good as a night light to the bathbath.

Last edited by nightowl_52; 05-18-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:20 PM
924x2150
Posting Guru
I never watched one "UPN" show, since it started. I guess it's an "urban thang". I can't recall seeing any of the shows you people are talking about.

I feel sorry for all of you under 30 years of age, you never got to experience the "Golden age" of TV. When there were just a few channels available, you could actually sit down, select your favorite station and watch it all night.
Now,it is test of anybody's intestinal fortitude to sit thru one show, and not want to start channel surfing. TV is DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:22 PM
MRKnight
Elder User
I remember those days and I am 30... course my folks ouldn't afford cable. TV is dead - cable sure isn't! Spike TV - the Network for men! CSI re-runs at night, Most Extreme Elimination (MXC) late night and Three Stooges every Saturday and Sunday Morning!

Old 05-18-2005, 08:26 PM
cpe41
Senior User
'Bout the only shows I ever watched on UPN were the various Star Trek series'. Since last week was the final episode of "Enterprise", I guess I'm done with that network.

Old 05-18-2005, 10:36 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Aw geeze. I was pretty much forced to watch Britney last night. I was done after about 30 seconds. The only thing I liked about that show was the commercial breaks. (When I was "allowed" to see Overhaulin.)

I'll never get sucked into watching that again.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Birdhunter1
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I guess I shouldn't gloat on the fact that I did not watch it, in fact I don't rally watch TV anyways except for the history channel, and OLN or the other outdoors channel I get, once in a while CMT and GAC but not often.

Of course if I am channell flippin and it's Britney in a dainty outfit I am hooked, sorry guys she's hotter than syrup on fresh cooked pancakes. And yes the schoolgirl outfit ROCKS!!

Quick Reply: Memo to UPN: Just go away.