Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Truck Died/ Won't Restart

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 03:15 AM
rockyrider
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Died/ Won't Restart

My 97 F350 died and would not restart. Had to have it towed home. Tach does not move when cranking. even though I had the Stealership replace CMP about 6 months ago (< 4000 miles) I figured that was problem, so I replaced it. NOT the problem, still won't start. Upon further review I find fuse #22 blown. I replaced it and she fired right up.
So now I need to figure out what caused it to blow in 1st place. Is this the fuel bowl heater shorting out? If so what's the fix? should I just unplug it? Which plug is it? Should I cap off the connectors to prevent oil and other forien objects from intruding?

Old 05-06-2005, 05:03 AM
vancouverpower
Elder User
Yeah unplug it. My 99 did this. If your 97 is the same, it's prettys straight forward to replace. Take out the filter, drain bowl, mine had three (torx?) screws at the bottom holding in the heater. The old one looks like a bare wire on a disc. Make sure to get a new filter while you have it apart. In my case it was the heater shorting out that popped the fuse. I wouldn't worry about capping of the connectors if you get it fixed soon.

Copy and paste this, it might have a pic where the plug is under section 13

http://www.nav-international.com.br/...rStroke/hs.asp

Last edited by vancouverpower; 05-06-2005 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:03 PM
rockyrider
Senior User
Is it the bottom plug? I've been reading that I don't really need especially now that it's warm, so was thinking of unplugging it and running without. No sure which plug. It's a late 97

Old 05-06-2005, 08:44 PM
vancouverpower
Elder User
On my 99.5 it was the bottom plug in the rear. I drove around for a few days without it. Shouldn't be a problem until winter.

Old 05-07-2005, 09:10 AM
rockyrider
Senior User
Anybody know about a 97?? There are three plugs on driver side, is it the bottom?? I'm stuck now, and don't want to unplug the wrong one, look's much harder to plug back in than it does to unplug. HElP!!!!!!!! I need to use truck this morning