Gibson or Flowmaster?????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 09:58 PM
JetBlackBronco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gibson or Flowmaster?????????????????

i need a new exhaust system on my '91 Bronco...yesterday....its falling off.
when i bought it, it came with a couple year old flowmaster super 40, dual output, one on each side.

i would like to have the same setup, dual side exit, but nobody makes them, only for F150s. i looked everywhere, Gibson and Flowmaster seem to be the best, without goin custom(im on a budget)

can anyone tell me if the flowmaster dual for a 150 will fit around the tank in my bronco? or the one from Gibson?

and how bout difficulty of installation? i need all the help i can conjur up.

Old 05-05-2005, 08:28 AM
J.T.
New User
I prefer the Gibson over the Flowmaster. I'm on my second gibson now. Had the dual exhaust oon my previous truck, very nice low rumble with no resonance in the cab like the flowmaster. My 04 f150 heritage has the side exit sport ttruck exhaust and I love it! nice and loud.I put it on myself in the driveway, took about 45 minutes to cut out the old and bolt the nw up! the duals on my other truck took a little longer but was no problem! Gibson sells really nice systems and they hold up very well. They are about the best on the market just behind Borla but no where near the cost. Gibson will cost you a little more than flowmastr but in my opinion its well worth it!

Old 05-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Icefan71
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gibson swept side was first and only exhaust I ever installed (on my 98 Expy). Getting the old muffler out was a pain, but it only took me 50 min. to install and take it for a test drive. It has a nice low rumble and not too noisy inside. After a few days, I had to tighten the clamp on the reducer and thats been it. I would definitely buy another Gibson if I had to.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:19 PM
hsfbfan
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm betting that you can get the work done at your local muffler shop cheaper than you can buy a kit and install it yourself.

Old 07-17-2005, 06:36 AM
sjsleuth
New User
Thumbs up

I just had the Gibson installed by Mieneke 100.00 + tax Total 106.00 and they welded everything instead of bolting it on. Sounds incredible, nice and quiet inside until you hit it.
Originally Posted by hsfbfan
I'm betting that you can get the work done at your local muffler shop cheaper than you can buy a kit and install it yourself.