2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To all DSB case winners...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:51 PM
Kylenovak97
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all DSB case winners...

1) On what issue/truck problem did you win the DSB?

Would the steering wheel jitter/bed vibration be a legit DSB winner?

2) What help you win...aside from documenting everything!

Thanks for the help guys,

Kyle

'04 F150 FX4

Old 04-25-2005, 02:04 PM
bigplayrayr
Senior User
Do a search on this forum for "won my DSB case" A poster named TOYPULLER gave alot of great info.

I recently lost my DSB case. They said I did not have compelling evidence that I had a bad vibration. I provided all my service sheets and I stated I still had a vibe. I had a transmission shop document that I had a vibration oat certain speeds, but they did not have the instruments to measure the vibe. Ford provided a measurement and stated it was within spec. The board sided with Ford.

If you can get your service dept to side with you, you will be in fantastic shape. Make sure Ford has had enough attempts to fix.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:11 PM
toypuller
Senior User
Won mine primarily on the vibration. Secondary was the rear end going bad for the 3rd time.

It is hard to say what conditions are grounds for a DSB, almost anything will qualify provided you have the correct number of repair attempts and have followed the correct procedure. Keep in mind that a full buy back is only one outcome from the DSB. Other solutions include but are not limited to, nothing at all, extended warranty, additional repair attempts, cash back for diminished value and any thing else you can think of.

As far as what helped me win, you already said it. I documented everthing. Every phhone call, every service, every meeting in person, every letter. I followed up every contact with a letter stating what was said or done.

I also learned what my rights were under my states Lemon Law and DSB procedure. I was so PO'd by Fords attitude that I ate every piece of information I could get. The one constant throughout the entire ordeal was that Ford and the dealership counted on me not knowing what I was talking about. I was not told the truth from the moment that I purchased the truck.

I was told there was nothing wrong.

I was told that all trucks do it

I was told that the FSE could not duplicate any condition.

I was told that the DSB did not apply to my case.

All of which were wrong and I was able to prove it.

I also think the fact that I was able to stay calm throughout the process helped. I believe that the service dept at the dealership really tried to fix the problems I was having. I was always treated well when I went in and still bring my 250 back for service. When it came time to get the DSB statement from the service dept they were fairly accurate about what was going on and I think it worked in my favor.

The DSB is a long PITA process with no gauranteed outcome. It worked in my case, but not in all. Be ready for a long fight.

Good Luck

Last edited by toypuller; 04-25-2005 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Kylenovak97
New User
I don't want DSB info...I know how to do it.

I want to know what issues won. Exactly like you mentioned....why did Jon's vibration case win but not Bob's.

What difference does the service dept's feelings mean aside from documenting the work? Are they present at the phone conference or dsb case meeting?

Old 04-25-2005, 03:10 PM
toypuller
Senior User
They are not present at the hearing but the DSB administrators get a detailed statement from the primary service dept. While most of the questions pertain only to the facts of the case, the severity of the problem is subjective.

Ford also does thier own "investigation" prior to your DSB hearing. The points of contact for the problems are the FSE (good luck even getting to talk to him) and the Service Manager. It only stands to reason that the Service Manager would be more likely to support your claim if you have treated him politely rather than rudely.

I have been reading these boards for a while and I have noticed that Ford seems to be digging in harder when it comes to vibration hearings. Lots of people have had diagnostics done to get exact vibration levels and frequencies. I did not have to do this, mine was based solely on the "feel" while driving from both myself and the service dept.

As far as why one hearing was successful and one was not is not easy to pin down. The variables are to diverse. What is a problem to one person,another may not even notice. The DSB makes a subjective decision based on your evidence and the evidence put forth against you. There are 3 voting members of the board and an observer and the vote is by majority.

Last edited by toypuller; 04-25-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:06 PM
04FX4150
Junior User
I think one of the reasons I won is the fact that I was able to point out descrepencies in Fords own literature, , example, the reply from the service dept clearly said that the vibration damper did not eliminate the vibration, whereas the FSE said the vibration was not
ABNORMAL, [ quite a choice of words ] or could not duplicate,

plus documentation is the trump card, you have to have everything documented, I don't think ford is expecting that kind of attention to detail, and it trips them up,

plus as toypuller said be calm, it does You no good to get pissed off and start screaming, everytime I took my truck in for a problem I left the service manager a copy of Car & Driver on the front seat, in the end I ended up with the FSE's transcipt of findings, which I sent along with My other papers.

But do a search for WON MY DSB CASE. there's more info there.

and don't froget treat all the people you meet as people, most of them are only doing there job, especially the DSB board.