Sponsored by:

Rear window tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 12:45 AM
Fordbyford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear window tint

I was going to redo my my tinting on all the back window of my 1996 Ford Bronco XLT but was conserned about the rear defroster if I remove the tint would the defroster come off with it??? and also my pop saya that the window on the side in the rear were factory tinted meaning theyre permanitly tinted the glass was tinted but it doesnt make much sense to me but whatever if I say something Ill get bitched at anyway anyinfo would be appricated~Kyle

Old 04-23-2005, 12:50 AM
93BigBlackBronco
Senior User
My experience with tint it goes on easy, and sticks better than anything. I would expect it to pull the defroster off. Unless there's a way to deactivate the adhesive.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Kingersj
Junior User
There is tint removal spray you can buy that is supposed to help breakdown the adhesive, but I would have the tint shop remove it, they have experience with removing tint without damaging rear defrosters.
Yes the side windows are already factory tinited, and any good tint shop should be able to put a lighter tint on the sides so it closely matches the tint being placed on the rear. That is what I had done on my truck, and you can only tell from the inside, that the sides have a slight tan tint to it. Also, unless the area is extremely well lit, I have to use the mirrors to back up unless I roll down the rear window.

Old 04-23-2005, 06:35 PM
92EBnTX
Senior User
I found a very helpful article at:

http://doityourself.com/auto/automotivetintremoval.htm

Now... if I can just find the time to get it done. Just remember one thing about tinting windows at home: JUST SAY NO! It's too cheap these days to pay a professional to make it look good.