Sponsored by:

Coil connection

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Fordbyford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coil connection

Last week I had done a tune-up on my 1996 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L and I dont know what had happened but yesterday I went to start my truck and it wasnt starting so I popped my hood and found that my Ignition coil wire had melted so I had tog to the zone and spend 30 bux on a whole new spark plug wire set just for the coil wire any way I looked at it today and I figured Id replace the whole coil just so i wouldnt have any future problems bought a new coil for 15 dollars but I cant remove the connection for the power to the coil and i dont want to cut the wires Wnt to FORD dealer asked them for the part they try to sell me this male connector with 3 prongs when I only need 2 2 prongs - & +but any way they were gonna charge me 35 dollars for and no other auto store has it so if anyone know a cheap way out of this mess please respond thank you~Kyle

Old 04-22-2005, 08:32 AM
body9599
Senior User
Originally Posted by Fordbyford
Last week I had done a tune-up on my 1996 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8L and I dont know what had happened but yesterday I went to start my truck and it wasnt starting so I popped my hood and found that my Ignition coil wire had melted so I had tog to the zone and spend 30 bux on a whole new spark plug wire set just for the coil wire any way I looked at it today and I figured Id replace the whole coil just so i wouldnt have any future problems bought a new coil for 15 dollars but I cant remove the connection for the power to the coil and i dont want to cut the wires Wnt to FORD dealer asked them for the part they try to sell me this male connector with 3 prongs when I only need 2 2 prongs - & +but any way they were gonna charge me 35 dollars for and no other auto store has it so if anyone know a cheap way out of this mess please respond thank you~Kyle
Did it melt the connector too? Otherwise it should just pop off...maybe use a screwdriver to lift the clip up. As far as replacing the coil...you might look to get a MSD blaster TFI coil...only the 4 screws hold it down...should be an easy swap.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:37 AM
93BigBlackBronco
Senior User
Check fordfuelinjection.com their are a variety of replacement connectors on this site.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Fordbyford
Senior User
Yeah the connector had melted aswell and I went to that site and it had exactly what I was looking for thank you