Suspension Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Eelocous
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Suspension Concerns

Hi everyone,
I recently took my 2000 Ranger XLT 4x2 regular cab on an unintended "off road" excursion. Since, I have noticed that the truck is beginning make "moaning" sounds going over things like speed bumps, squeaking sounds, road noise has worsened, and the ride is beginning to become really bad. I took the truck into the shop and explained the problem and they stated that that shocks might be on there way out especially from what happened. There seems to be no damage to any steering components, tie rod ends, or the ball joints from what the mechanic told me. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I don't have a great deal of money to throw into fixing everything at once so a list of parts and essential components would be great. Oh, one more thing the truck seems to be leaning towards the front corner drivers side of the truck, any suggestions on that too??? Thanks for all your help and any ideas that anyone has.

Old 04-16-2005, 08:07 AM
PureGrunt
Senior User
If the truck seems to be leaning to one side after your little off road trip, I would think that there would be something visibly wrong. Any mechanic should have spotted it.

Are we talking a high speed off road excursion? Did the truck hit anything?

Old 04-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Eelocous
New User
No we are talking more of jumping a 3 foot drop then coming to a rest in soft mud close to a ditch. As for the other questions the truck seemed to be leaning toward the drivers side corner before the accident it just seems more visible now. Thanks for any replies.

Old 04-16-2005, 05:27 PM
PureGrunt
Senior User
I've seeen shock completely destroyed by people jumping cars (intentionally taking it some 3-4 feet of fthe ground) so that would well be worth the look. I'd definately be looking into a wheel alignment. The squeeking I would be suspecing bushes, but you should be able to tell by geting someone to bounce up and down the front of the truck while you get down and see if you can find the source of the noise.

Good luck. I know how depressing it is to have a broken ride.

Old 04-17-2005, 01:52 AM
98xlt4x4
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't worry about the leaning to the drivers side. Happens with the Rangers. You can crank the drivers torsion bar to fix that.