Where/how do I find injector harnesses?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 06:58 AM
twavor
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where/how do I find injector harnesses?

Hey all,
Been working on a 94.5 PSD in an F-350 4x4 and found a burnt connector on the harness side to the valve cover. I am going to replace the valve cover gasket also and most likely the harness under the valve cover, but have yet to find anyone who can tell me how I can repair the connector on the harness side outside of the valve cover. The local Ford dealer doesn't seem to know much about PSD's and I called O'Halloran International in Des Moines and was told he could get me parts for a Ford Truck if I had the part number off the harness--which I can't seem to find one. What can I do? Thanks for any help!

Travis

Old 04-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 842 Likes on 641 Posts
If you look at the plug in question you'll see a brightly colored portion in the black part. That is the locker part of the plug. You need to get some tiny screwdrivers, a strong light to see with, and maybe a magnifying glass. Get a good look at the plug and see how to work the colored part straight up and out of the body of the plug. It comes straight out the end. Once that is removed there is tiny little lock tabs that hold each connector in place. One per connector. You lift the lock tab off of the connector in question and gently pull on the wire for that connector and it will slide easily out of it's hole. I suggest getting a short piece of new wire and soldering it to the connector or, if you have it, you can use the w-style crimper that they attach it with and then attach the new short piece of wire to the wiring harness. If you don't extend the wire out a little in this manner you'll have to drag the length needed to reach the new connector to it's hole and that will put a pulling load on the whole thing and possibly yank it back out. I don't know the part number so I can't help you there. Hope this helps.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:01 AM
wlihntr
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clink on this link, it has a blow up and all the numbers:http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...tegoryID=73200

Old 04-09-2005, 06:35 AM
twavor
Freshman User
Hey, thanks for the link! Still can't find the connector/pigtail/or harness that I need, though. This surely isn't the first burnt connector to ever happen is it? I would like to repair the connector if I could, but it is burnt too bad and two wires aren't making connection. Does anyone know for sure if it is wise to repair these wires at all because of the higher voltage, or should I just replace the whole engine harness--I guess I would do either, but I can't find anything so far. Thanks for any more help, the information on this site so far is awesome! Thanks!

Travis

Old 04-09-2005, 11:04 AM
krzyk26
Junior User
You can get the kit from international part number is 1830829c91 34.00 it comes with four connectors and a dissasembly tool to punch out other wires from plug.
The wires do not come with this kit the part number for those is2501062c1 2.24 each.

Old 04-10-2005, 10:41 AM
1997F-350
Postmaster
Thumbs up

for future reference you and everyone should print this list or bookmark it. it's the best i've seen courtesy of "joat" on the other forum. this list has it all and then some seriously:::::::::::::::::::::http://www.thedwilsons.com/powerstro...t_Numbers.html
btw
this is what i know from the help of "quadzillaandsome of my own research
ford sells the plugs a 4 pack of them that go into valve cover gasket $80.00
you better take the part # with you because i guarantee the ford guy wont know it and will say it doesn't exist......and then offer to sell you the whole harness for $500.00. that # is on that list.
then go to international and get the pins with a 6" wire attached to them or just the pins whatever you prefer. and then make repairs. it is possible the uvc harness may be burnt in the same spot. so you may wanna pull the valve cover and check that out too!!!!!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! all those parts are on that list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 1997F-350; 04-10-2005 at 10:49 AM.