Sponsored by:

Will they fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 08:44 PM
andrewjwatson
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will they fit?

I have a 90 Bronco with a 3" body lift and i just bought 35x12.5x15 all terrains.
The tires would fit easy in the rear, but the front is the issue. The front suspension sags well below the stock position. I already have a rear 2.5" block kit I can install in the rear, but I might not even have to. The front is really what matters.

The cheapest solution would be 2" coil spring spacers. Would they fit then? keep in mind my front springs are sagging so the actual lift would be less than 2".

How about leveling springs (1.5")? this would boost me over 1.5" since I am sagging now.

The more expensive choice is 2.5" springs with axle pivot brackets. (This would be over 2.5" boost since i sag now)

Bottom line: exactly how much lift is needed to clear 35's? I could post pics or measurements if necessary. Also, I didn't move up my bumper with the body lift if that matters. Does anyone have a measurement for correct stock bumper height or fender height so I could see how much I am sagging?

Old 04-07-2005, 10:10 PM
RawPower
Postmaster
3" body and 2" leveling kit and they fit no problem.
3" body and 6" kit 38.5's will go on there.

I dont know about the bumper because my friends BKO has a ranchhand on it.

Go to www.ford-trucks.com they are more helpful there- if you drive a Bko.

Old 04-07-2005, 10:20 PM
andrewjwatson
Junior User
is a 2" leveling kit spacers or new springs?

Old 04-07-2005, 10:28 PM
RawPower
Postmaster
New springs.
But the 2" spacers may work, depending on how much they are sagging now...

Old 04-07-2005, 11:48 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Yeah get new leveling coils (progressive rate), along with the new alignment cams for the top of the balljoints, as this will knock your alignment out of wack whatever you do, plus the cams make life down the road a lot easier.

Old 04-08-2005, 10:03 PM
andrewjwatson
Junior User
anyone else? i want a few different opinions

Old 04-09-2005, 07:04 AM
tex94F250
Posting Guru
I use 2" spacer type levelling kit on my '96 Bronco with not problems. You have to address front end alignment. While I don't "mud bog" I used the Bronco while selling building materials on a great many development sites and in a lot of mud, very soft dirt, and rocks, etc. Never had a problem and the truck sat almost dead level. Maybe 1/2" higher in rear. Put camping gear, wife, kid, and dog in and presto!.. dead level.

Old 04-09-2005, 01:26 PM
RawPower
Postmaster
To fits 35" tires with no trimming (I dont know about the front bumper, however) you will need 1 of the following combos:
4" Supsension.
3" Body & 2" leveling kit.

May I suggest you get the largest you could possibly want, IE- a 4" susp & the Body lift rather than a 2" and the body. Youll want more lift later, I promise.

Old 04-09-2005, 02:16 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Have you even put them on to check?

They will fit. If you go offroad and flex the suspension at all they will rub. If all you do is drive on pavement, your good to go.

If your looking for a cheap fix for your sagging front end issues, go to a local spring shop and have them get you a set of spring 2 to 2.5 inches higher. Should be a bit cheaper, and a whole lot faster than ordering them.

PS, dont forget about your alignment.

-Matt

Last edited by MatthewC; 04-09-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
35" tires will NOT fit on those years with no rubbing on the street. 33's might fit with a slight rub. 35's on a sagging front...I would put 5 bucks in an envelope and send it to see that.

Pro's gonna bust out the photochopper now lol.

Old 04-09-2005, 03:49 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
I'd have too agree with saurian, I have seen a bronco with 35s in stock form but the springs were all rearched and the coils stretched. But the tires were into the fenders like an old caddy.

Also, don't forget regearing. 33s with stock 3:55 is ok, that what I have, but with 35s, your gonna need too regear. If you havent done this already.

Good luck

Last edited by BroncoRoadKill; 04-09-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:09 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
33's will fit on that truck stock. With a 3" body lift it will fit 35's. With the front end sagging it will rub (im talking fenders here), but with it leveled back out, it will be cool.

Again, im talking street driving here. If he off-roads then YES it will rub and he will either have to lift some more or buy a saw-zall.

Ill put $5 in an envelope and send it just for him to put the 35's on once the front end its leveled just for him to post a picture of it and prove me right. LOL

-Matt

Old 04-09-2005, 04:36 PM
andrewjwatson
Junior User
No one's talking about a stock truck here. It already has a 3" body lift. I actually think I could squeeze the tires in. I am going to go out and do some measurements right now.

If not, does anyone have any 2" lift or levelings springs or coil spacers they would sell me? It doesn't seem worth the 100 bucks they cost on ebay.

Old 04-09-2005, 04:46 PM
MatthewC
Elder User
Originally Posted by andrewjwatson
No one's talking about a stock truck here. It already has a 3" body lift. I actually think I could squeeze the tires in. I am going to go out and do some measurements right now.

If not, does anyone have any 2" lift or levelings springs or coil spacers they would sell me? It doesn't seem worth the 100 bucks they cost on ebay.
I know its not a stock truck. I said that 33's will FIT on a stock truck, so 35's will fit with the body lift.

I also said that your good to go as long as your just cruising the streets. No rubbing. Ive seen your year Bronco with a body lift and 35's before with no rubbing on the fenders turn to turn. (Radius arms and sway bar are a different story but proper backspacing takes care of that).

Like I said, check a nearby spring shop.

-Matt

Old 04-09-2005, 06:19 PM
andrewjwatson
Junior User
MatthewC, I agree with you. I thought roadkill was thinking it was stock, not you.