Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daystar/body lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:28 PM
jason gressley
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
daystar/body lift

I have 1995 f150 4x4 that I would like to lift. I was looking at a 2" body lift. Then I saw the daystar front end lift and thought this may be the way to go with a rear add a lift. My Question is will I have to have my front end aligned. Would it be easier to install than the body lift. what are the pros and cons of them both and which would be better. Any help would be appreciated

Old 04-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Schmids4.9l
Posting Guru
body lift is easy to put on, and cheap. my 3" body lift from summit only costed around 80 bucks. as for alignment, my truck needed alignment done before I put the lift on, do i dont know if it screws the alignmetn, but i wouldn't think it would mess up the alignment. also i take it the daystar front lift is a suspension lift, and if its only for the front, you can just get Pro Comp rear leafs that are only around 100 bucks each, so if the daystar only lifts the front end of your suspension, you can just get those leaf springs to lift the rear. or you can custom fab some blocks to bolt under the leafs you have right now

pros for the suspension lift is that is will give you more ground clearence, basically the frame and everything above it is gonna sit higher, Cons, suspension lifts are more expensive, and i'd imagine they take longer to put on.

pros for the body lift is it costs less, is quick and very easy to put on, and the truck looks like it sits higher. before i put mine on my truck sat kinda low, now it looks a lot better. it looks like a stock regular cab long bed 250, only its not. also body lifts are a cheap way for more tire clearence. Cons are you dont get any more ground clearence, and body lifts only lift the body, the frame and everything else still sits as it did before.

Old 04-04-2005, 09:09 PM
MemOrex
Postmaster
$80 for 3" Body? I've always wanted a little lift on mine... just for looks, no mudding since its 2WD.

I might take a look at summit.

Old 04-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Schmids4.9l
Posting Guru
72.95 to be exact. +S&H of course. but there is a catch, i had get a rubber "S" hose to go on the radiator shround, because the motor sits the same, and the radiator is also rasied 3", and the hose rubbed a pulley, thank god i cought that one. also you have to lift the bumpers, because the bumpers are bolted to the frame, and the frame isnt lifted in this. sucked, i had to drive around for a day with my truck lifted 3" and my bumpers sat a few inches below, looked horrible. the rear bumper isnt a problem, but the front took me 3 hours, had to cut the frame ( were the bumper hooks to the frame) and lift that up a few inches, then weld it. easy, just took time and lots of profanity because i was welding with no gloves or a long sleeved shirt. that was it though. the S hose for the radiator, and lifting the bumpers. looks like a stock 250, exept i have 5 lugs. oh yeah the exhaust, almost forgot. exhaust will look kinda goofy cause it sits the same hight. there will be a big gap between bottom of the bed and tail pipe.

It wasnt hard, all this took me 1 weekend

Last edited by Schmids4.9l; 04-04-2005 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:54 PM
frederic
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I've gone offroading in a 2wd truck before (not my crewcab, its a pavement only hauler), and it's a lot of fun. Just make sure you have good deep treadlugs in the back.

And to whoever asked... a body lift shouldn't impact your current alignment. Since the suspension is on the frame, not the body, the alignment will remain the same.