1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Interior help wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:08 AM
jvmcc
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interior help wanted

I'm starting to anticipate a day when I actually start putting my 53 F-100 back together. I'm trying to make the truck appear as stock as I can (but I still have a hard time even imagining painting the bed wood the same color as the body). As far as the interior goes, I've kind of decided that I'll do it as simple as possible, ie: no custom cab stuff. So, what did the interior look like? To the best of my knowledge, no frills stock meant no door panels and the headliner only went to the bottom of the rear window. Did a stock setup have arm rests? Did a "stock" seat cover have two-tone vinyl or just one color? I guess that my confusion comes from not knowing how a "custom cab" is different from dealer options. The "Illustrated Facts & Feature Manual" helps me somewhat, but I still have questions. Like: if stock meant only a driverside sun visor, did the passenger side just have a gaping hole where the visor hinge mechanism fit in? There are little square holes in the inside of my doors where the arm rests were screwed to. Does this mean that he doors were from a "custom cab" model? I know this is all picky bs, but I thought I'd pose the question regarding "stock" interior before I starting buying the interior stuff.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All I can tell you for sure is that my 54 is not a custom cab. The passenger side visor was not there and the hole for it was covered, but partially stamped into the sheet metal. When I put the visors in, I had to take a punch and knock out the "slug." Also, I believe only the custome cabs had arm rests and somebody said that their original custom cab only had an arm rest for the driver! Good luck, Jag

Old 04-04-2005, 12:25 PM
wiseguy50
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go to google.com and do a search on your truck

Old 04-04-2005, 05:47 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Not sure on the 53, but AFAIK the custom cab option in 56 included pass side outside mirror, driver's door lock, courtesy lite, bright windshield trim, possibly pass side armrest? I'm sure Earl will drop by with all the exact specs and part #'s on all the option parts...

Old 04-04-2005, 07:58 PM
azwafree
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going with rubber mat, one visor, metal doors, no arm rest,simplest headliner, and single tone all vinyl seat.

No expert here, just from looking at all of the various pictures. I think the interior drawings in the shop manual are among the best for the little details.