Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

adjustable chips

Old 04-02-2005, 10:55 AM
why165
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adjustable chips

i am looking for a adjustable chip to put in my 350. any ideas would be nice, there are just to many out there. i have aheard alot of good things about edge, but i dont want to spend 800. i tow every weekend and some of the week at about 12000 to 14000. thankyou for your help, matt

Old 04-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you refer to "adjustable chips". When you mention the Edge, it sounds like you mean "tuner". Granted, tuners have the advantage of being used as a scanner in most cases, but if you're going to be switching back and forth between programs on a regular basis, I'd give some thought to a flip chip, one that contains multiple programs, and you select between them by flipping a switch.
There are several good ones on the market, but unless you're going to be modding your truck a lot, it'd be hard to beat the Diablo Delta.
Those are available through Motorhaven, and Ken knows what he's doing when programming it. The beauty of the flip chip is this: When I latch onto my boat, I merely flip the switch and I'm in a tow program. When I get back home, I disconnect the trailer from the truck, flip the switch on my chip, and I'm ready to boogie. Simple, just the way I like it.

Old 04-02-2005, 07:56 PM
bmiliate
New User
Originally Posted by why165
i am looking for a adjustable chip to put in my 350. any ideas would be nice, there are just to many out there. i have aheard alot of good things about edge, but i dont want to spend 800. i tow every weekend and some of the week at about 12000 to 14000. thankyou for your help, matt
Buy a flip chip, not a programmer. It gives you on-the-fly adjustability, which really helps when towing or when you have those Friday afternoon gotta-get-on-it mood swings.

Call Jody Tipton at DP-Tuner.com. He just reprogrammed all the problems out of my Bully Dog 4-position chip, and the truck's now got one great Economy position, two (mild and strong) Tow positions, and one Extreme position that, honestly, I'm afraid to get on 100% - might break something!

When you call Jody, tell him how your truck's set up, what you do with it, and he will program a flip chip for your exact needs. He's an expert at it. Look up on this site and others any reference to Jody Tipton, and you'll see a strong following of loyal customers.

Good luck.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:57 AM
why165
Senior User
i have heard alot of good things about the diablo, buti have heard alomost nothing about the bully dog chips. i really only plan on setting it to tow and that is it. i just like the extra features that let me play and watch the motor on the edge, i just dont like the price. truth be told my truck has plenty of power for what i do i am really just looking for a few extra mpg while i tow all these horses. the power is just a nice little bonus.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:18 PM
vancouverpower
Elder User
I second the bully dog, works great and is easy to install. It drives my dodge buddy crazy how while going down the road I can set to 100 hp and smoke him, then turn back to stock.

Search this Thread