Notices

scuff/scratch repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 06:36 PM
1970Custom
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question scuff/scratch repair

I've got a nice set of American Racing Diamond Back 16x8s for my truck,they're not perfect, there's a little wear and tear on them,

Has anybody had chrome wheels re-finished and smoothed of all scuffs, scratches, and gouges??

Need help they're a great deal at $175 and I want to make them look better.

Thanks,
Eric

Old 03-26-2005, 07:31 PM
furball69
Postmaster
I used to do that for a living. If they're not too deep the should be all right to get done. Because nickel and chrome take the path of least resistance when plating, the outer edges will plate much more than deep crevices and if not done right you may even have yellow areas where chrome didn't take. Wherever you take them be very specific about not wanting any yellow and that you want chrome everywhere. We were charging $200.00 - $250.00 per wheel Canadian.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Punchit
New User
A cheaper option that might help would be to clay bar the wheels and then use a good metal polish. Obviously this is not as serious as what you first requested but I gurantee its a lot cheaper and it should help tremendously. Additionally you'll have plenty of clay bar and metal polish left over to do the rest of your truck. Good luck!