Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

MARCH 26th OKC GTG!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:01 PM
ranger240
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MARCH 26th OKC GTG!!!!

I hear a solid day of rain will be in the works for saturday....
this means one of two things or both.

1) we can meet at the park, and have the pavillion all to ourselves
2) We meet at Roger's (or Soda Pop's)

I was going to order our BBQ for saturday regardless of the weather, so please let me know if you will be there, so I can get an appropriate amount to feed us all. I am going to set a limit of $35 from my pocket, and I will get chopped brisket, and smoked polish sausage, I hope the rest of you would chip in and get the buns, drinks, sides (potato salad, chips, cookies, whatever) or atleast make a donation to help cover costs.

please RSVP in this post and state what you will be bringing.

I will be calling everyone I have #'s for this evening and asking them to rsvp.

Thank you all
_Ken

discuss.......

Old 03-23-2005, 09:17 PM
ranger240
Elder User
ok, I just spammed everyone in the central region that has signed the official roster, hopefully there will be some responses.

I also called everyone I have numbers for, which are very few. I need everyone's numbers, for a contact list, should I need to get in contact with anyone. PM me your numbers if you would.

thanks, Ken

Old 03-23-2005, 09:58 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you know im there, ill bring some tater salad, any preferences on mustard or mayo style?? im good either way....yeah i seen that weather report today and it looks pretty bad for saturday, wont stop me though, and i hope it doesnt discourage anyone else either....see ya'll there!!!

Old 03-24-2005, 08:00 AM
rogerf100
Elder User
I'll bring buns and chips and pitch in $5 for the BBQ. Weather report sounds like 30% chance of not getting wet. As long as the wind doesn't blow too hard the pavillion would keep us dry. My offer still stands to use my place as an alternate location. It is close by if we decide the weather is too bad. My wife will be out of town to take some classes so it will just be me, my son Robert and the dogs.

Old 03-24-2005, 07:42 PM
ranger240
Elder User
ok, so far it looks like we will need one package of buns 2-2 litres of pop, one bag of chips, and about 4 pounds of meat. I am a real optimist .

haha, but really I will get four pounds of meat 2 pounds of briskett, and 2 pounds of polish sausage, unless more reply to this thread. if you are planning on bringing someone let me know so we can adjust accordingly the amount of food to bring.

if it is just going to be the four of us again, then I will cover for the meat, no need for donations.

here's hoping more will show!! Brad, I am talking to you!!! for those who don't know, Brad is bambishooten.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:51 AM
okiebronco
Senior User
is it still to late to rsvp? where exactly is everyone meeting today?

Old 03-26-2005, 11:20 AM
mr. dave
Senior User
March OKC GTG

I hope the weather cooperates, but it would also be nice to know the time and location. Been watching the site, but haven't seen anything difinitive on the location.

Old 03-26-2005, 12:08 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
rogerf100 posted a link towards the end of this thread that gives the general directions to the park and his place,

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...=336681&page=3

im sure he will be on here to post up more specific info sometime today, or you can PM me and ill give you my cell phone number to contact me for directions............

Old 03-26-2005, 02:22 PM
rogerf100
Elder User
If the rain holds off looks like the park is the place to be at 6 pm today. If not then we can meet at my house. Address is 3608 SW 127th St in the Eagle Ridge development. Just south of the intersection of Portland and SW119th. Less than a mile from the park. The park entrance is on SW119th and Portland is a little West of that. Go south on Portland to the second street on the left. At the stop sign turn left and follow around the corner and you will be on my street.

Here is a map that shows my house and the park.

http://members.***.net/rogerdh/MaptoMyhouse.jpg

Old 03-26-2005, 02:35 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
I have a suggestion, maybe we can all meet up at the park at 6......then at about 7-7:30 we can caravan to your house.....its supposed to be kinda chilly this evening, and im a wuss when it gets cold out.. its just a thought..............if anybody needs a phone number to call if they cant cant find it, i put my cell phone number in my profile under "interests", it will only be in there today though.........

Last edited by SwOkcOffRoader; 03-26-2005 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:11 PM
rogerf100
Elder User
That is just what I was thinking. The breeze is really chilly today and there is no where to get out of it at the park.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:08 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
well another successful meet in my opinion....once again i think the weather scared a few folks off, stupid OK weather .......thats ok though, i still had a good time and ate very well.......many thanx to rogerf100 for inviting us into his home and getting us out of the wind!!! i really like the way that motor your building is looking and cant wait to see the rest of the truck.....well, only one picture was taken this time and its not the greatest cause im still learning how to use my new camera phone, but here it is anyways.........

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...&albumid=15498

see yall at the next meet!!!

Old 03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
ranger240
Elder User
hey, I think that pic is pretty good, it really captures the weather, and how it felt outside.

yes thanks Roger, I really enjoyed(sp?) hanging at your beautiful home. you a great dog too, hahaha.

Old 03-28-2005, 03:58 PM
rogerf100
Elder User
Yeah, I guess you could say my Lab Cinnamon likes to shoot the sh?? as much as rest of us, literally. LOL I had a great time too.