rebuild & modify ford 60° v-6 engine book

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:40 AM
oldgrasshopper
Trailering
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question rebuild & modify ford 60° v-6 engine book

I have been trying to buy a copy of Sven Pruett's book on rebuilding and modifying ford v-6 engines. Does anyone have any ideas on where to get a copy? I have tried ebay. Rumor has it that some copies have gone for over $100. My max bid on the last one for $75 was not enough. Is the book worth that much?

oldgrasshopper

Old 03-21-2005, 01:12 AM
Monty06
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at amazon when found goes up to 125.00
some places i have seen have it for 190.00 paperback copy not the hardcover type

Old 03-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Psychopete
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oldgrasshopper
I have been trying to buy a copy of Sven Pruett's book on rebuilding and modifying ford v-6 engines. Does anyone have any ideas on where to get a copy? I have tried ebay. Rumor has it that some copies have gone for over $100. My max bid on the last one for $75 was not enough. Is the book worth that much?

oldgrasshopper
Found mine in New Zeland for $50 inc. shipping like 8 months ago. They've run out. This book is really hard to get a hold of, I was extremely lucky. If you're looking to get mechanical performance, yes, this book is great. For EFI performance, it's worthless. The project engine was a 2.8L, so the book is nearly based on the 2.8L with information on the 2.9L and 4.0L. I'd say the most it's worth is $75, but the information it contains could save you a lot of money. I wouldn't get it if not planning a total rebuild.