HELP! install 03 harley supercharger on 00 expedition EB

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 08:22 AM
rpmind
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! install 03 harley supercharger on 00 expedition EB

I have acquired an '03 harley supercharger complete - sensors, fuel rails, injectors, harness, etc. I am wanting to install on my '00 Expedition Eddie Bauer.

Has anyone done this, and if so - what else am I looking at to complete the swap?

I know the manifold numbers match for both the '03 and my '00. I was told I would need a alt bracket relocator - ford says they are in the same place. Would need a tensioner pulley for sure. And the computer...can I just swap mine with a '03 harley without any harm, or can I get my re-programmed. Where?

A lot of questions, and not sure what to do.

Anyone give me any help, or point me the right direction?

It would be great to talk with someone who has already done this!

Thanks.

Old 03-26-2005, 03:16 PM
93-331-29PSI
Elder User
You would definitely need a new computer. Better yet most dyno shops will burn you a custom chip at a relatively low cost. Let them dyno tune the engine and burn you a program. You will be happier that way. Can't help much on the Expedition/Harley differences.

Old 05-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Scot008
Junior User
I have considered a similar conversion at some length, but I chickened out. Check out this thread:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...ght=expedition

One guy there has very cleanly converted his F-150 Supercab to a Lightning drivetrain, and I assume his experience would apply to the conversion you contemplate. If you succeed with your conversion, I'd like to hear the details of how you did it.

Old 05-20-2005, 11:20 PM
jarepackard
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have done the conversion on my 04 Ford Expedition. It is possible and easier than you think. Especially for you since you have a return fuel system. Check out Mike Dunn at www.madenterprise.com he can anwser all the question you might have and also sells the necessary parts. The difference afterwards is unbelievable. You don't need a new computer.

Old 12-25-2006, 06:24 PM
dan_s_johnson
Senior User
Did anyone actually finish this? I am looking to do the same...

Old 12-26-2006, 01:22 PM
jarepackard
Cross-Country
Finsihed about 20,000 miles ago, not a single problem since. Love the power and reliability is equal to stock....

Old 12-26-2006, 03:17 PM
dan_s_johnson
Senior User
Did you do it yourself? Do you have details on this upgrade? As much as you can provide on what you did would be great. I'm not well versed on this but my brother does all kind of stuff on cars and has snap on scanners and everything so if I can get the parts together and general procedures I know we can both tackle it. If you want to email me let me know and I'll send the address. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:29 PM
jarepackard
Cross-Country
Sure, I bought the kit from Madenterprises. Mike Dunn is really knowledgeable and can get you everything you will need at a price less than MSRP. I went with 10lbs of boost and my ride is an 04 Expedition 4x4 XLT Sport. Really impressed with the power, I also added an FTVB on the transmission which Mike can also get you. I did the install and time was about a weekend with a few odds and ends remaining. I have also ran the truck in my former hometown of Phx, AZ and now live in Seattle, WA so I would say if done right you shoudln't have any problem irregardless of where you might live.

I had to do some custom fabrication on the sc pulley bracketry due to some minor changes on accessory mounts for my model year, and the fuel system had to be modified from a non-return to a return style (this was done by the shop), but it was pretty straight forward. Went with 1 step cooler Iridium plugs as well.

The real key is to get a good tuner to ensure you are in the safe operating range, you don't want it to ping as this could cause engine damage. Once that is finished you really shouldn't have any problems. Let me know if you have any other questions that I might be able to anwser.

I'm thinking of selling my rig in order to buy a new 08 Superduty.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:22 AM
redford
Received 1,565 Likes on 913 Posts
How did your Expedition do with the requisite smog inspections in the Seattle area?

Old 01-03-2007, 10:04 AM
04markIII
Elder User
Originally Posted by jarepackard
Sure, I bought the kit from Madenterprises. Mike Dunn is really knowledgeable and can get you everything you will need at a price less than MSRP.
good luck finding him. i have faxed, emailed and left messages on the phone....with no replies. kinda annoying since i have the top end coming from ebay on friday.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:11 AM
dan_s_johnson
Senior User
04markIII - please keep us posted on how this turns out. I'm saving up to buy one off ebay as well. We have the same vehicle so this would be invaluable information for me. Thanks and good luck!

Old 01-03-2007, 10:33 AM
04markIII
Elder User
i will...if i can ever get the rest of the parts!!!!

Old 01-03-2007, 12:02 PM
04markIII
Elder User
Originally Posted by jarepackard
I have done the conversion on my 04 Ford Expedition. It is possible and easier than you think. Especially for you since you have a return fuel system. Check out Mike Dunn at www.madenterprise.com he can anwser all the question you might have and also sells the necessary parts. The difference afterwards is unbelievable. You don't need a new computer.
did you add any accessory gauges? if so, can you please post pics of them, or email them to me? thanks.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:31 PM
pronstar
Elder User
Originally Posted by redford
How did your Expedition do with the requisite smog inspections in the Seattle area?
Not sure about Seattle, but with a good tune you'll pass the sniffer in CA and I think our emission laws are tougher.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:30 AM
jarepackard
Cross-Country
You won't have any problems with smog inspections. Runs as clean as it did stock. I did not install any aftermarket gauges on my ride. As was said before, make sure the tune is done right and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: HELP! install 03 harley supercharger on 00 expedition EB