General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Just venting

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 10:02 AM
couleeman
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just venting

I have spent the last couple of weeks re-doing a project that was not done correctly the first time. Now this wouldn't bother me if we got new information and that caused the problems or changes, but this isn't the case. The job was just outright poorly designed and no common sense used. All the information was there, nothing has changed, the person that previously worked on it just plain did a poor job.

Sorry for ranting, but I am just getting frustrated with the job and there is no reason I should have even seen it until it was time to build out in the field. Nothing like fixing others mistakes and loosing the company money in the process. Good thing the boss knows the whole situation and isn't blaming me for blowing the budget.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:21 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I too like to go in the right direction from the start....

but I know I change things for a living, so that's ok... just make sure the bonus for that doofus that messed it up comes to me to correct it

(and if you think about it.... you COULD be out of work and not having to fix that other guys stuff )

Old 03-09-2005, 12:00 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I see a lot of that. What kills me is when people don't give you enough info to work with when it could make a difference.

"Oh - by the way" is a phrase that hikes my blood pressure all by itself...

Old 03-09-2005, 03:15 PM
heavnbound
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relax couleeman...you could be in my position!
My job as a firefighter dictates that I am there because something went bad - otherwise why would you call the Fire Dept.? Add to that the fact that I work for the Federal Government and.....well you get my drift!