General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Jury Duty,,,,!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 08:45 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well,I sure hate giving the impression that I am cheap,cause Im not.In fact if you ever took me to dinner,you would say I was a real expensive date!So,as far as losing a half a days pay,to find out the criminal has to pick up litter on the freeway,Yeah that pulls my chain.Here is some more food for thought.And if you think I am makin it up,just look in your own local paper.Ever sit in a court house all morning waiting for the case that you are there for to get called?I have,and this is what I heard,Joe x=convicted=ouil=$1500 fine,bill z=convicted=ouil=$1500 fine,then harry,then george,then sue,then paul,and so on.Every day,I see in the paper 8 or 9 people paying thousands of dollars in fines.Where does that money go?It does not pay the Judges salary,our taxes do,or the employees,our taxes do,or for the building for that matter,our taxes do.And this city is small compared to the numerous ones they have in bigger counties.So lets see 8 people times $1500=$12,000 per day.Hmmmm