1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Instrument wiring info for a '78 in my '55

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 08:51 PM
theGman
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instrument wiring info for a '78 in my '55

I am upgrading my 55 F100 with an EZ wire kit. Now, about 25 hours later, it is done...except for the dash panel.

The reason this isn't being done right now is that this truck, "Mutt", had the complete wiring from my old '78 E150 van in it, including the dash, which just barely fit into the stock assembly. Thank God for Dremels! Actually it looks cool, seeing a 73-79 Ford truck dash in the old girl. Looks like it belongs there! Also actually, the damn Dremel burnt up, so my trusty Mikata grinder and I finished the job, and quicker.

This '78 dash has the big "plug" connector in it. I thought my '79 light truck shop manual would have a schematic in it, but no luck. So, short of taking out the panel and tracing the circuits, I was wondering if anyone had the breakdown of the wire colors for this instrument panel connector, so I can mate EZ gauge, etc. wires to the '78 connector from the old wiring harness.

Thanks, Paul

PS: I also posted a similar request on the '73-'79 Forum.