Sponsored by: DP Tuner

How do i get this CPS bolt out!!!????

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 07:37 PM
F-250 PSD
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do i get this CPS bolt out!!!????

ok so i got me a new cps to try and fix some of the problems i have been having w/ it..... and i go to take the bolt out, 10mm. When i went to pull it out, i noticed that it was already almost stripped.... the 10 MM socket would have some play on it. I decited to give it a little jerk and sute enough.... stripped. Any thoughts on how to get this damn thing out of there?? i'm going to get one of those sockets the pulls from the sides, and not from the corners and see if that helps.... hopefully it will.... any advice would be great... thanks!

Old 03-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Powerstrokedlariat
Postmaster
I replaced mine about a month ago and mine was stripped as well. I ended up removing the fan shroud and belt to get some more room and then used a craftsman bolt out socket (just for removing stripped bolts) and pounded it on to the end with a hammer and it finally bit the bolt hard enough to pop it loose. On the new one I put some anti-sieze on the threads so it doesn't happen again. Aren't you glad you are working on this now instead of on the side of the road in the dark? I sure was!! Good Luck

Old 03-05-2005, 01:57 AM
Rowdyone
Senior User
If striped bad enough, might see how a 3/8" fits since its just a smidge smaller than the 10mm... I am guessing you had a six point 10mm that wouldn't fit so good? Might be able to pound the 3/8" size on the messed up bolt and get it out...