Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Virginia Chapter Drag Race on April 9th?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 09:16 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great! Come on out and race. And by all means, join us at the nearby Knights Inn on Saturday after the race for BBQ and beers!

Old 03-06-2005, 01:05 AM
MonsterBroncoKid
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well as you guys know i dont have my 79 bronco anymore and my 84 doesnt run but i would be willing to bring my jeep.? any porblems with that im preety sure thats american now

Old 03-06-2005, 05:35 PM
TurboMonkey
Junior User
I'm thinking of coming... new F150 owner and I've been eyeing up some local track nights, but with all the imports, I don't want to feel totally out of place with all my torque.

I'd still like to get in on it if possible? If not, I'll just plan on showing up... never met any of you before, this would be an awesome way to do so!

Old 03-06-2005, 09:53 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Yeah, come on out! Meet some FTE members! Almost all the vehicles there will be rear wheel drive with pushrod engines. It's the American way. (plus a nitrous-sucking Neon, but we'll let that slide).

Here's the master itinerary that I'm following- you all may arrive and leave any time you wish.

Friday afternoon (8th) , 1PM. Meet somewhere in Northern VA, assemble a caravan.

Friday afternoon (8th), 2PM. Convoy up to Elkton, MD, check in at Knights Inn. (262 Belle Hill Rd. - Elkton, MD - Telephone Number - (410) 392-6680) Arrive by 4PM, beat rush-hour traffic.

Friday evening (8th). Barbecue and beer. Hopefully another Hyundai (not with us) will light his bumper on fire doing exhaust tricks. There will be a charity Change Drop Car Show, wherein everyone puts a coffee can in front of thier vehicle, and you vote for the best car by dropping pocket change. The highest dollar car wins, and all proceeds go to charity.

Saturday morning (7:00AM). Wake up, breakfast, etc., drive to track. $35 at the gate.

Saturday (8:30AM-3/4PM). Race!

Saturday evening (5PM?). Return, with timeslips and stories to tell, to Knights Inn for more Barbecue and beer.

Sunday morning. Breakfast. Slipper races! Participants race eachother in the parking lot wearing cheap Walmart slippers. Winner gets... a warm smile and a hearty handshake.

Some time Sunday- go home and tell stories! Show off your timeslips!

Old 03-07-2005, 02:00 AM
MonsterBroncoKid
Senior User
Talking

id be down for all of that but i dont need to drive down a meet and greet in va since technically i live in annapolis md, but im here cuz i used to live in prince william county va so i'll prolly see you guys at the track either with my jeep or the 03 ranger edge or maybie both i dunno.around time for all of this to happen i think we should exchange cell numbers just in case something happens to people along the way or something so somebody knows whats goin on.

Old 03-07-2005, 06:45 AM
TurboMonkey
Junior User
Originally Posted by BigBlue88
Yeah, come on out! Meet some FTE members! Almost all the vehicles there will be rear wheel drive with pushrod engines. It's the American way. (plus a nitrous-sucking Neon, but we'll let that slide).
Any news yet on if we have our own class? Or will I be racing against all the other scary import coupe's and sedan's...

Old 03-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
I would think once we have 5 people who are definatley going, we get our own class. I need to get a few things done to my truck before I plan any road trips before you can count me in: Serious tune up, balljoints, weld in patch panels (April is inspection time for me ), and 3.55 gears if I'm lucky . Gears are optional.

MBK, you should come down to meet us at the meet in greet. We can be your foster chapter till the Mid-Atlantic chapter is reopened

Old 03-07-2005, 07:34 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
I've counted 8 interested people so far, which guarantees us our own class. Spread the word, and confirm your attendance!

Interested/attending:
TurboMonkey
FrankenTruck
MonsterBroncoKid
65vamonster
jennymnky
fordguy21
stu37d
BigBlue88

After the race, we can take turns crushing the imports Big Foot style. Or hook bumpers and swing them around like a doggie chew toy.

If anyone wants a trophy, I've been told that trophy registration has been extended again (essentially indefinately) for FTE members. $15 for trophy registration. You may not want one now, but I guarantee they'll seem real neat at the end of the race.

Old 03-08-2005, 08:30 AM
65vamonster
Senior User

After the race, we can take turns crushing the imports Big Foot style. Or hook bumpers and swing them around like a doggie chew toy.
Now I really want to bring the subaru instead.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:30 AM
TurboMonkey
Junior User
I've counted 8 interested people so far, which guarantees us our own class. Spread the word, and confirm your attendance!

Interested/attending:
TurboMonkey
FrankenTruck
MonsterBroncoKid
65vamonster
jennymnky
fordguy21
stu37d
BigBlue88

If anyone wants a trophy, I've been told that trophy registration has been extended again (essentially indefinately) for FTE members. $15 for trophy registration. You may not want one now, but I guarantee they'll seem real neat at the end of the race.
my money is in!!! YEAY!!!

Come on... I need someone up against me in the stock v8 class...

Old 03-08-2005, 05:54 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
All right!!!! Who hoo! Go TurboMonkey! I just got word of your payment.

To the rest of you: that trophy is gonna rock when you get it. Check out the posts on Page 1 of this thread for instructions on how to register. Cash, check or PayPal, plus fill out the Word document on the site and email it in (name, vehicle, class, etc..).
http://www.pathogenproductions.com/streetshootout/

Old 03-11-2005, 07:10 AM
TurboMonkey
Junior User
All right!!!! Who hoo! Go TurboMonkey! I just got word of your payment.

To the rest of you: that trophy is gonna rock when you get it. Check out the posts on Page 1 of this thread for instructions on how to register. Cash, check or PayPal, plus fill out the Word document on the site and email it in (name, vehicle, class, etc..).
http://www.pathogenproductions.com/streetshootout/

Is is just going to be you and I??

I've tried emailing Jenn to see if I can email her a digital photo of me with my truck and to make sure she got my info sheet with my other information (I forgot to attach it to my email saying my payment was submitted)... no word though, do you know the answer to those questions?

Old 03-11-2005, 09:08 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Go ahead and send her the picture. She's been really busy lately setting up A.S.S..

I figure there'll be some last-minute registrations and some people who just show up. Even if it's just the two of us, it'll be a blast. The people from the other car clubs are really good.

Old 03-11-2005, 09:17 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
We have our own class for the <b>A</b>merican <b>S</b>treet <b>S</b>hootout!

The "Hauling A.S.S" class is now official! Here's a link to the Street Shootout message board announcing our new class: http://www.pathogenproductions.com/u...c;f=3;t=000030

Old 03-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Hopefully I can get some of that work done on my truck this weekend. Give me a chance to play with my new toys Who else is officially part of the team?

Quick Reply: Virginia Chapter Drag Race on April 9th?