Sponsored by:

Looking for tube pics. . .

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 11:13 PM
hoxiii
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for tube pics. . .

So i've killed my bed for the last time. I'm not going flatbed, but am going to tube in the bed area. I want a roll bar at the cab and it needs to fully tie into the frame, but besides that I'm open.

I'm looking for pictures of trucks/truggys that have done this. Ford prefered, but will take ideas from any year/make/model pickup. I don't want to keep the bed skins, but do need some sort of inner skin to let it still be somewhat of a hauler.

Justin

Old 02-28-2005, 12:26 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heres one from pirate......

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/member.php?u=9865

when i first saw this i thought it was my truck at first glance, of course mine dont have a cage......yet!!! this is the route im going on my F-250 snowfighter, he told me he plans on doing an exo-cage too, somewhere he has more pics of it but i couldnt find them, its too late for me to think straight!!! this guy did a pretty good job, but i dont think id paint mine that color though..........

Old 02-28-2005, 10:27 AM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
here hoxii.... here are some pics that i have always drooled over

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ight=tube+tech

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ight=tube+tech

or you could do what i did and just remove the bed

-cutts-

Old 02-28-2005, 12:18 PM
hoxiii
Postmaster
I would toss the bed, but I need to be able to haul and the cops aren't too keen on stuff like that around me, even if you do have mudflaps.

I really like what shoope1 did. It's like what I was thinking about doing, but I was only going to do it from the body line down with a roll hoop at the cab. I need to leave the sides fairly open for easy egress, need to have a 4x8 flat area in the middle, and a fairly easy way to rig up a tailgate.

Figure I can take my ideas and a couple off of him and make something work.

Might go J20 style with the striaght sides, angle fenders, and angled top rails, just with a tube structure to keep it all rigid.

Justin

Old 02-28-2005, 10:32 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
What about building the fenders and box out of checkerplate the same way the flareside beds are made (like my 82 falre in my gallery)?, basically the fenders are bolted onto a rectangle box. the fenders would match the body, and the would be simple to make.