Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Puddy

Red Deer Swap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
If you have lots of things,You have to rent a table.

Just Contact the Ford Club that is putting it on.

Old 04-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,354 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Originally Posted by fordxxx
I've never been to a swap meet...how do you go about selling stuff at these events.
Be carefull as you could end up with more then you came with

Last edited by Fomoko1; 04-11-2005 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:13 PM
fordxxx
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about if you only have a few items? I won't be buying anything...we are moving and I have to get rid of stuff.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:46 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Somehow a ford guy going to a swap meet as big as this and not buying anything doesn't seem plauseable , if you do buy anything they might make good bartering items, but i dunno how hard it would be to sell those things while walking around.

Curious, where you moving too?

Old 04-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Mil1ion
New User
If you only have a few things >

Make a sandwich board (listing all your parts for sale or wanted) for your front & back so people can see it while you are walking around the meet.

People who see it will stop you.... to talk

Last edited by Mil1ion; 04-11-2005 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:46 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Now thats an idea .

Old 04-16-2005, 02:23 AM
rig2
Junior User
starts in two weeks.going to bring whole family.on 30 cant wait to see cool fords.hope i dont have to pull up there in my work chebie.but if that is what it takes .have booked days off.still stuck up north had few days off. but not enough to get anything done.really looking forward to meeting people there.

Old 04-16-2005, 06:26 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Well I will only be able to make it on the friday (29), as i can't get that day off from work (as i have a wedding and a grad that i'm going to and i took those days off, so i can't get the 30 of). So i will be able to there on fridayaround 1-1:30 for sure. i have the info to post up but i need to put it all together.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:38 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
So lets get some times figured out here for friday and saturday for all those that will be able to attend on either day, as well as a general meeting place (people who have been at the westerner will have to chime in here, as i have not a clue about the entire place)

On Friday, i will should be able to be there by 1:30, now for all those that will be able to go on that day let me know, but i'm still not entirely sure on the hours the event will be open during, if its towards the afternoon and later, is anyone up for grabbing a bit to eat someplace afterwards as well on both days (for those that can make it as i will only be there friday sadly, as i doubt the event will go past 5:30 on saturday and that would be the eariest time i could make it) But if everyones interested in getting a bite to eat afterwards i will try to make on saturday.

Now for a meeting time, on friday i can meet from anywhere from 1:30ish till closing time, but i think sometime around 2 for a general gtg and bs session would be good, or around 4-5 o'clock, as for saturday i think around noon would be great as well, gives everyone a chance to look around, and it doesn't rush anyoneto get there earlier than they want.

Now for a place, well someone whose been to the swap meet will have to chime in here as to the best place to meet would be, a centralized place, easy to find perferably close to food with tables would be great. Any ideas?

Oh, and i'm still looking for the times they are open as well.

Old 04-19-2005, 12:18 AM
rig2
Junior User
Smile

hey cody i read your email . but i live right by sylvan lake.have been to the grounds the parking lot is huge there.but dont know what building they use and such.i am hoping to beable to drive one of my supercabs there.but maybe i will find some parts i need.will many people bring kids there or maybe find sitter.thinking friday at 2.00 sounds good . just meet in the uge parking lot?

Old 04-19-2005, 12:29 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Well i know they use the entire grounds for the meet, but yeah i would say the parking lot would be good for friday, what the easiest parking lot to get to?, then just go towards the back wheres there room to spare.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:06 AM
rig2
Junior User
yah when you first pull in there its like the parking lot is in the middle .then the buildings are all around sort of like a horse shoe.and there are places behind were they do stuff with horses and such and there is some kind of picnic slash camping area back there maybe meet there?

Old 04-19-2005, 03:57 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
That sounds good, anyone else have any other ideaers?

Old 04-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Trying to meet at the actual meet is almost insane.

There are 4 different buildings with a total of 6 section to visit.
Everything is scattered around by how long people have had tables there.

I have always felt for people to meet somewhere else like Tim's, sometime in early morning then travel and park near each other, then go in as a group.
You can meet & visit every FTE person in a small space like Tim's or Donut shop type setting, than you can in a Skating Arena size building.

Just my suggestion though.

There is a parking lot on the east side of building 2 from the south that may be accessible.

As I said before,unless you meet somewhere with less population first, it can be a nightmare trying to find each other.

I know,I tried it 2 years ago.

Too much Time was WASTED waiting & looking for people.

People looking to join up to meet should also wear the same colour T-shirt or something for easier ID'ing.
Once inside you will almost need a rope to stay together.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:05 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
There's an idea, if we went with something like that we could meet at the same tim's a bunch of met at before, either that or a parking lot would be the easiest, as like you said it can be a nightmare trying to get together at a meet of this size.

Oh i'll be easy to spot, i'll be wearing my name, that is i'll have my ford racing jacket on .

Quick Reply: Red Deer Swap Meet