2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sugestions on bedliners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 04:03 PM
JoeKramer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok called around and all the Rhino and Line-X guys are quoting like $450-$550! Still better than $700 at Ford. hehe

Old 02-24-2005, 04:19 PM
SuperCrewDude
Senior User
My nearest LINE-X dealer quoted me $400 for my 5.5' bed. I'll be getting it done in a few weeks.

Old 02-24-2005, 05:16 PM
STXABYSS
New User
Just get a rubber fitted mat for around $75.00. It looks good and its cheap. I don't haul super abrasive material, so I figured why not? Get a bed liner when you are going to sell it.

Old 02-24-2005, 05:18 PM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i got a bed rug. dont use it for too much work (probably not a good idea) its mostly my fun vehicle. but with the rug i can hang out back there and even sleep on it when i go camping. plus our snowboards dont get beat up. but ive hauled concrete and trash before it washes out easy and stays pretty nice.

Old 02-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Toreador
Elder User
I highly vote for Line-X. Got it sprayed in my truck and it is great. I do a lot of hauling of stuff and this liner still looks great and holds up. Plus if there is a crack or tear in it the Line-X comes with lifetime fix warranty. But from what I've seen I'll never need to use it. The Rhino is too soft and rubbery.

Old 02-25-2005, 05:35 PM
HOLESHOT1
Freshman User
I traded in a '99 F`150 for my '04 F150 FX4 back in Sept. 04. I put in a "Herculiner" liner kit in that truck when i got it in '99. It's a kit sold in auto shops that you install yourself, with the protection you get from the spray on ones. The only problem was that it was not too thick. It goes on like a very rubber-like paint, so you could apply as many coats as you want. Once that was done, I put my rubber bed mat back in and had a great set up for my needs (only hauling ATV, motorcycle and tools). Now my problem with the new truck, is that when the dealer received the truck from another dealer on a vehicle swap, no one knew that a factory drop in was already installed (it didn't appear on the invoice). My dealer "threw it in" (yeah, right) because i told him to take it out since I was planning on a Line-X spray in, and that I didn't know it was in there already. He told me it was too much of a hassle for them to remove the drop in, so I can do what ever I want with it. Now I'm stuck with a drop in liner that I'm sure I wont be able to get rid of and it will end up under my deck collecting water or something.

P.S. JoeKramer, If you were really thinking about the rubber mat in the drop in liner, let me save you a few bucks. It doesn't fit without a lot of trimming. With the drop ins, you lose a lot of space in the corners and edges, and the rubber mat is custom fit tightly to the bed. Good Luck

Old 02-25-2005, 07:42 PM
JoeKramer
Senior User
Yeah I think that I am going with the Line-X next weekend. I like the fact that its sprayed in hot.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:23 PM
PitBull
New User
If you ever intend to haul anything with any weight to it with this truck I would not recomend the spray in liner. I had the spray in liner put in my 04 Screw and 20 minutes after picking it up went ot a warehouse to pick up a 350# pallet. After unloading the pallet I noticed that the pallet jack ahd left huge trenches in the beg of my truck. The metal is so thin it was deformed by something as simple as a pallet jack. in my last truck I had a traditional liner and it seemed to give more support to heavy loads. I would in hindsight opt for the corrugated platic liner.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by blitzen25bm
i got a bed rug. dont use it for too much work (probably not a good idea) its mostly my fun vehicle.
Bed Rugs kick ***! Unless you're hauling broken pieces of concrete everyday...but since I don't I love my Bed Rug.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:11 PM
fordguy61mi
Senior User
I got my Ford bed liner for free when I bought my truck and I'm very pleased with the looks and functionality of the liner. It fits perfectly.

Old 02-26-2005, 05:18 PM
RyanSta80
Junior User
Originally Posted by PitBull
If you ever intend to haul anything with any weight to it with this truck I would not recomend the spray in liner. I had the spray in liner put in my 04 Screw and 20 minutes after picking it up went ot a warehouse to pick up a 350# pallet. After unloading the pallet I noticed that the pallet jack ahd left huge trenches in the beg of my truck. The metal is so thin it was deformed by something as simple as a pallet jack. in my last truck I had a traditional liner and it seemed to give more support to heavy loads. I would in hindsight opt for the corrugated platic liner.
Sorry that your Line-X dealer didn't tell you that you can't put a heavy load on the truck bed right away. They should have told you to wait at least 24 hours before doing any heavy hauling.

As for me I had a Line-X liner in my previous truck and now in my 04 SCAB. I've tossed shovels, rakes, spilled gas on em, hauled heavy air compressors and never had a problem. Plus you can't beat the quality or the warranty. I've seen the Rhino Liner and some other off brands and the quality of the product just doesn't compare.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:33 PM
grock
New User
I'll throw in my vote for the Premium One spray in liner. Mine has held up well and it cost $425 for the 8 foot bed. On any you get, be sure they remove the bed mounting bolts and the tailgate latch cover plate. If they spray over the bolts, it will be almost impossible to remove.

Old 02-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Russ McCarthy
New User
I have a spayed in bed liner. Had one on my previous truck and loved it. I also have a rubber mat ($75). Fit perfectly without any trimming. There's another benefit that no one has mentioned, and that is: it dampens the noise that comes from the bed. I didn't even realize that the bed made noise until I added the mat. Stands to reason it you think about it. The bed is a very large sounding board. Go for both, you will not regret it.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Dunk
Elder User
Originally Posted by Monsta
Bed Rugs kick ***! Unless you're hauling broken pieces of concrete everyday...but since I don't I love my Bed Rug.

I'm going with a Bed Rug also... 275 to the door..

Old 02-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by Russ McCarthy
I have a spayed in bed liner. Had one on my previous truck and loved it. I also have a rubber mat ($75). Fit perfectly without any trimming. There's another benefit that no one has mentioned, and that is: it dampens the noise that comes from the bed. I didn't even realize that the bed made noise until I added the mat. Stands to reason it you think about it. The bed is a very large sounding board. Go for both, you will not regret it.
Where do you get those mats, Russ?? For that price and added protection/sound proofing, I might grab one.