6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

MBRP Install Comments/Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Firedenfels
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBRP Install Comments/Questions

Just finished the install of a MBRP Catback system on my 2005 Ford Superduty. Has anyone else installed this system on a 2005? I had problems with two clamps with built in hangers. The clamp around the extension pipe and the muffler was a s-t-r-e-t-c-h and the hanger/clamp that mates around the middle of the extension pipe missed the hanger strap by a few inches...no way it was going on.

Upon startup, I did not notice any louder exhaust note (rest of vehicle stock). The exhaust was more of a hissing noise than a rumble. The hissing was coming out of the pipe, not an exhaust leak...crawled underneath and couldn't detect any leaks.

A short trip appeared to indicate faster spin up, but not much else.

Anyone else have these issues?

Firedenfels

Old 02-14-2005, 05:54 PM
PSD6litre40
Posting Guru
I had the same issue as you on the mid-pipe hanger. I just left it unhooked untill I can get time to weld an extension on it.

Old 02-14-2005, 10:13 PM
04 LARIAT STROKER
Senior User
i made my own straight pipe so i dont know about the hangers but as far as the hissing goes that is normal...you wont notice a great power jump for a while if ever....it takes the computer a while to get reprogrammed to the lower back pressure and all...the truck also responds to driving tendencies..ie if you hammer on it all the time and then take it easy for a few days, it will loose a little bit of its edge until it reprograms itself to be more powerful again.