General Automotive Discussion

American chopper

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 10:12 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
American chopper

Who saw the American Chopper show tonight? The one where they built the Carol Shelby bike? Did you see where the old man tore up their Expedition while wrecking the inside of their old building? What a waste of vehicle and film. In fact the whole show is a waste and I have watched my last one ever.
Wonder what their insurance company says about how Paul Sr. tore it up.
Stupid show and a waste of good air time.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:20 PM
86f15035s
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it may be a stupid show but you have to admit that bike was sweet.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:23 PM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
Didn't see it.

The show has gone from bikes, to cheesy drama. I gave up on those IDIOTS episodes ago!

Old 02-08-2005, 12:08 AM
nightowl_52
Elder User
Last show for me as well. Senseless destruction of things a lot of other people can't even afford to have. It makes me sick to see people with so much money destroy good useful things that someone else could really use.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:17 AM
Waltdog
of American machinists

What a joke that show is. At best those guys are hack artists. If your fine detail/finish work consists of a stepdrill,a tape measure and some finish painted parts,you might be a cob artist. Total clowns...

Old 02-08-2005, 12:52 AM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They are definitely not in the same league as, say an Arlen Ness.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Ghostgunn
Elder User
They are excellent builders as they farm out the paint job, the motor , the wheels, the transmissions, the frame, the.. list goes on...Oh, I guess they fabricate tank and fenders good (they buy those as well)... oh, and act like the biggest idiots on earth. I feel sorry for anyone that has to put up with the mentality of JR., Sr., or worthless Mikee and that new shop foreman (Kevin?) . You would think their 15 minutes of fame would have vanished long ago. But, Whew never say anything bad about them or a Harley based bike if you want to keep friends. Pick up any Bike magazine say HOT BIKES etc., OCC makes some of the worst bikes period. Just try and Compare the quality to something like a BIG DOG. Oh, atleast they are making money now -somehow I think they will need it. All the shows --Southern Steel, American Hot Rod, etc are filled will people that act like idiots - I feel sorry for their common worker or someone who's brain is small enough to think that is a way to run a business or a lifestyle. Oh well ,Ashlee Simpson and the lady who said Where's the beef, had a following as well... How about the episode where the assembler didn't know who David Mann was- I make bikes but I don't know any history about them... duh. It is amazing how we grant stupid acting people and/or those with little talent so much fame. I suppose my time will come soon....I can rant and rave -- show me the money!!!! They should start a new reality showusing all of these owners/builders with who has the biggest swelled Ego Head - prop them up like carnival dummies and throw baseballs at them-- I would watch that.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:18 AM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Didn't Jesse James start this fad?

Old 02-08-2005, 09:13 AM
trike1946
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Jesse did start it. I don't really care for the show, but some people love it. As long as people watch the shows, they will go on. I think they only make fenders, tanks and maybe exhausts? They got started by having a steel business right next door from what I hear and still have it. I just watch something else when they come on.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:12 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It's a TV show, people - a scripted , contrived TV show with a camera crew, sound techs, retakes and a budget for destroying Expeditions and furniture for the benefit of a large audience that actually believes that snip Big Paul, a very smart business man who built a successful metal company, saw the possibilities, left his older son to run his company, cast himself as the yelling patriarch, his son Paul as the rebel artist, his son Michael as comedy relief and Vinney as the faithful sidekick - a soap opera with motorcycles. The success of the show has been a financial bonanza with people lining up to pay $50k+ for an OCC bike.
Dono

Last edited by IB Tim; 02-11-2005 at 09:31 PM. Reason: language
Old 02-08-2005, 02:15 PM
firemanp
Senior User
Amen.. brother...

Old 02-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Ghostgunn
Elder User
Yeah and Jesse probably has a bigger ego than all of them. I guess it comes with Tv bike building . Atleast Jesse can actually make everything he touches.... I used to watch all of them because I grew up in fabrication/manufacturing-- If I watch them at all- it is with the volume off. Unfortunately, for newbies you really can not learn much by watching them. I wish someone would come along that actually can handle fame and business and they would do a show about that family. Perhaps someone that hasn't become " wealthy yet". I liked watching specials on Indain Larry, that guy really knew how to fabricate and seemed to be the same person he was 25 years ago.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:26 PM
ggarrahan
Elder User
Heard on some show or other last week that Jesse James' new girlfriend is Sandra Bullock. If that's true, Jesse is no fool!

Old 02-08-2005, 02:52 PM
couleeman
Posting Guru
You can't put down Mickey for being stupid. He is the best part of the show.

I know they do some stupid things which I am sure is only because they are filming it, but they are getting rich doing it.

Old 02-08-2005, 04:46 PM
1984-3/4ton
New User
i like Indian larry the most because hes not full of himself like Jesse and his bikes arent stupid like occ, the only reason i can stand watching occ is the comedy, but like that bike indian larry made-the frame is a chain (thats cool) why cant occ make a cool simple chopper like larry, im gonna have to ask god when i see him

Eric

Quick Reply: American chopper