General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

tough guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 07:41 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tough guys

every single time i go to ultimate fighting / cage fighting competitions...

i have stories like this to tell afterwards...

the good story- all 3 of the 3 fighters from the team i have been training with won at last nights competition- kelly knocked out the other chick with 3 hits in the first round, lasting a whole 7 seconds. she holds the title for the toughest chick in the world in her division. Jamie knocked out his opponent in the second round. Dan worked his opponent for all 3 rounds til the bell rang, and won by points / judgement.

so during the fight, i was on the other side of the cage from the team, just watching with my girlfriend. some drunk guy on the right side of her, who's nose looked like he either got hit square with a spade shovel, or just got into a fight with the wrong person ( it was flat and had scars all over it ) but he obviously wasnt a real fighter cause he didnt have the cauliflower ears. hes standing there, telling my girlfriend " thats me next year, thats me next year"pointing on the stage time and time and time again... and how he would do this and that to the guy in the ring... so im thinking "yeah, thats NOT you next year cause judging by your nose you cant duck a punch; tough guy"

and on the left of me, i was talking to a couple dudes who were pretty cool but had that "token drunk guy" with them who kept stumbling into me, talking about how good of a fighter he is, trying to bet money against the people i was there to support ( he wouldnt have paid if he lost ) and kept bringing up how built i am, touching the top of my shoulders to feel the muscle, and how id knock him out. yeah, i knew i could knock him out, he was so drunk he wouldnt know what hit him. he just would NOT shut up! he didnt get the point i didnt want to talk to him. the funniest part was when he was saying" thats it, im fighting next year, im gonna start training tommorrow"

now, i know when to open my mouth, and when not to. if they are with a group of 5 guys, im going to be on the losing end. it took everything i had in me to tell these 2 particular guys to "shut up, or get in the ring and prove it"

im sure all of you know those guys who never shut up about how "tough" they are cause they beat up one kid in 2nd grade, and irritate the heck out of you.... but when it comes down to it they wont step up to the plate...

lets hear some stories

Old 02-07-2005, 08:54 AM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
No stories here...just trying to figure out why beating other people up is fun. Doesn't prove your a man or anything. I have learned that no matter how tough you think you are....there is someone out there tougher than you.

Old 02-07-2005, 08:59 AM
D-ranged2.5
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see the point of beating people up either. I work out daily and I've trained for a while on the speedbag (until they took it down) but I've never felt the need to risk injuring myself for the sake of bragging rights. Being in good shape is awesome and all, but you *can* be in good shape AND have all your original teeth, too!

Old 02-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Mudder
Elder User
Hi builttough,im cage fighter as well,and the other day,i was at a event i wasnt participating in,and one of these tough guys started screaming at one of my buddys in the cage,needless to say after the match,my buddy showed the guy who was tougher in the parking lot,hah. And to ddrumman,its not something that appleals to everyone,please keep your comments to yourself,its not about proving if your a man or not,its competition. So please,dont make any remarks about it anymore like that. I speak for myself with this,but i dont think im the toughest man in the world,even after a fight i win. I dont think im so tough theres no one tougher then me,that would get my butt beat good. So again please,keep these comments to yourself.

Old 02-07-2005, 09:35 AM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Mudder
Hi builttough,im cage fighter as well,and the other day,i was at a event i wasnt participating in,and one of these tough guys started screaming at one of my buddys in the cage,needless to say after the match,my buddy showed the guy who was tougher in the parking lot,hah. And to ddrumman,its not something that appleals to everyone,please keep your comments to yourself,its not about proving if your a man or not,its competition. So please,dont make any remarks about it anymore like that. I speak for myself with this,but i dont think im the toughest man in the world,even after a fight i win. I dont think im so tough theres no one tougher then me,that would get my butt beat good. So again please,keep these comments to yourself.
This is an open forum.....I can say what I want and when I want. If you don't like it...report me to a moderator.
Last fight I was in was to take care of a guy who would not leave my deceased wife alone. That would be the only reason i would fight....to protect what's mine. Not to prove who is tougher.
I will comment where I feel like. It's still a free country and a free forum.
More power to you if you enjoy fighting as a past time.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Mudder
Elder User
i apologize if i came off like that,but it makes me mad when people think cage fighting is about proving im the toughest guy in the world! its not,there are some like that,but most of the guys ive met in fighting arnt like that at all,its a sport. Its a pet peeve of mine when people say "its to prove who is tougher"

Old 02-07-2005, 11:26 AM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
That's ok mudder.....if you love doing that it's fine. I have always looked at it as "proving who's tougher". You don't see it that way which is ok with me. I respect your views and comments and your decision to compete. Just be careful in the ring or where ever you fight.
I apologize if I offended you in any way.

Old 02-07-2005, 11:27 AM
D-ranged2.5
Senior User
Dudes... not to stir up the pot anymore, but all sports are about competition... if you're not playing to win you're not really playing, you know what I mean? Who goes to the Superbowl *just* to have a good time. The idea is to win. I'm sure you don't have an ego larger than Texas or anything, but I'm sure you can see how to some it might look like you do. I've never seen cage fighting (I hate when people fight... it makes me really nervous) so I can't say much to judge with any weight. You'll do what makes you happy and I'll do what makes me happy and I think that's about all we can do. Hope I didn't offend you or anything, I've just seen a lot of bar fights end in a loss of teeth... ouch.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:41 PM
camo4stealth
Elder User
This is kind-of along these lines. Almost 23 years ago, a friend of mine who was really into boxing (and really pretty good at it) talked me into a fight. Not with him, he would have knocked the snot out of me. He trained me and practiced with me for a month or so, and arranged a fight through the AAU ( amateur athletic union) I don't know if that body exists anymore. Anyway, went to this fight, my first, the other guy's second. After 3 rounds, I was declared the winner by points. 3 judges, a doctor in attendance, everything legit and clean. Now, I felt like the other guy darn near killed me. I mean, I took a whooping, and I won! That was enough to convince this skinny white dude that I wasn't cut out of the boxing cloth, so I retired 1-0. Undefeated! I just hope I administered as much pain as I received. One very good thing came out of it, though. I started running to get in some kind of shape for the fight, and to this day still work out regularly.

Old 02-07-2005, 05:59 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Ddrumman- i recently started this training because... im not good at any other sports, i want to boost my self confidence, and i dont like being intimidated by anyone else. me and my buddies cant go anywhere without someone starting crap with us, and we dont even provoke them to! i want the upper hand so when someone throws a swing at me, that i dont have to be the one going to the dentist. and to compete in a cage match or two, so when im 50 and my nephews kids are gathered around i can tell them "yeah i won a few matches"

i dont like hurting people. i will do so however if i feel threatened. its kinda funny... before so many of the altercations ive been in, i get the butterflys, and my knees start to shake, i get the shivers. i worry about the consiquences. i know there will always be someone tougher than me. i just wanted you to understand where im coming from.

so, then i started this thread, because EVERYONE knows somebody that is "so tough" and gets the crap kicked out of him for running his mouth.

another story- a friend of mine was in boxing classes... a young, inexperienced kid came in, saying hes so tough he'll box ANYBODY there. "ok, take your pick" they told him. he picked a guy in his 40's who has obviously been boxing for years. he knocked the "tough guy" out, and he never came back for another boxing class.

those are the stories i was looking for with this thread, the stories where peoples mouths are getting them into trouble.

( P.S. i am NOT a cage fighter... ive only started training, and i dont know if ill ever make it to the ring. )

Old 02-07-2005, 06:22 PM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
I'm sorry fordtough.....I just see the fighting shows on tv as one guy trying to prove he's tougher than the other. I fought in high school and once like I stated above when a guy messed with my wife. That's the only reason I would fight is if someone threatened my family.
I pride myself in avoiding fights in the first place. At my age....i wouldn't heal real quick and Lord knows that some of the places our band plays in.....a fight usually breaks out. Most of the time when they do......guys seem to gang up on one and beat the heck out of him. I have seen it happen. But I have also seen knives and guns drawn also so then it's "time to get out of Dodge" before you get hurt or killed.
Just be careful at whatever you do. The older you get...the slower you heal.
Take care....I have had posted my last on this.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:07 PM
wyomingaggie
Senior User
I had a friend in high school who was about 5'2" and 105 lbs soaking wet, but she was the mouthiest little thing you've ever seen. She also wasn't too real coordinated...so you can imagine how hard she'd be to take down. She used to have a lot of trouble with the whole "walking and talking at the same time" thing. We grew up in a town that was on one of the major routes into Sturgis, so from about July-September main street was PACKED with bikers. One night my "little buddy" took to following around a really good-looking biker, who happened to be in the company of one of the biggest, meanest-looking biker chicks I've ever seen. Little dummy is talking out loud (VERY loud) about how good this guy looks, etc, etc, and the big biker chick just keeps giving dirty looks. Another girl and I were at the scene of the crime, so we decided pretty quickly to leave the little one to reap her own crop. I think it's a universal rule that those who talk the most are the ones with the least ability to back it up.

Last edited by Fordlover55; 02-08-2005 at 12:10 AM. Reason: small clean up of language
Old 02-07-2005, 11:58 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
drumman- your opinion is welcome here. i just hope you are now understanding my points and the reason for this thread... looking for stories like the one above this reply, just for reading purposes.

tonight at training i wasnt in the best shape, im tired and worn out, no sleep, plus i lifted weights right before going. everyone there showed me how much better they are, and im feeling it now. but i think its too soon to get discouraged.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:10 AM
BillC
Elder User

Asking to hear stories- Each "story" thats posted will try to outdo the previous one and after several, if not already, there won't a shred of truth to be found.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:13 PM
websthes
Postmaster
just be careful

last weekend was a bunch of kids arguing over a case of beer. fight broke out and some loser stabbed another kid with a kitchen knife. dead

another guy got in an argument with some guys in a bar and they kicked him in the head for a while and he's a vegetable now.

stories like that every week was one of the reasons i moved out of the city.

Quick Reply: tough guys