1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1960 Doorskin Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:23 PM
PanelBeater
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1960 Doorskin Question

I have a question for '57-'60 owners. Is it normal for the doorskin to have a large amount of crown? In other words, if you took a staight edge and layed it up against the door while touching the fender and body (cab back), does the door have a rounded shape and is not flat (front to rear). At the top of the belt line, the fender, door and body are all on the same plane. And at the bottom of the door, near the rocker, it is flat too. Just sticks out in the middle.

Also, I have a panel and I don't have a driver's door key lock. There is no hole for one. Is that normal and how come?

Thanks for the info...

Old 02-02-2005, 07:45 PM
57_ford
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine are rounded also but is not seen unless you really look at it. I think most of the cars and trucks of that day were built this way. I learned this from a guy who makes door skins from scratch.
The drivers side door locks were only on the custom cabs. You can buy new repo locks and put them in. The latch is allready set up for it.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:39 PM
PanelBeater
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it might have been a replacement doorskin that was installed in the truck's past. But it didn't make sense, there was no other signs that it was replaced. I was hoping that it was normal, and not something that I was going to have to fix...