Viper....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:49 AM
threefiftyone
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper....

Uhh....Not sure where to post this at...

I just bought new truck, and it has a Viper alarm. They key fob has four buttons. The dealership where I bough it from only knows to push the first button twice to lock/unlock the truck. There is no paperwork on the Alarm system. I need help. I guess there's no actual "viper" webpage, otherwise I'd look there first. I'm afraid to try the other buttons and not be able to get the alarm turned off.

Suggestions?

Old 02-02-2005, 08:46 AM
kontai69
Senior User
Old 02-02-2005, 02:22 PM
superswamper
Elder User
look under the dash for a little black box with a snake on it and find a model number

Old 02-02-2005, 09:19 PM
threefiftyone
Elder User
Well, no little black box with a snake on it, but there is a little black box with "DEI" on it. Thanks for the link, but my model is not listed on there. This is what there is:

1"x1" box with DEI on it, along with the wiring diagram, model number, and an amperage number. Near that is a clear box about the same size, with a red light (which wasn't on) in it, and a small button coming out of that clear box. There appears to be writing on that box, but I cannot read it due to upside-down lack of light issues.

The numbers on the front of the BLACK box are 610T, and lower on the box (and smaller) are C9707

Last edited by threefiftyone; 02-02-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:56 PM
kontai69
Senior User
Near that is a clear box about the same size, with a red light (which wasn't on) in it, and a small button coming out of that clear box.
This is the impact (or shock) sensor. The small button adjusts its sensitivity.

I don't know exactly what the other box is...likely a starter kill or remote start relay. The alarm control module (or brain) will be a black box about the size of your hand.

You may also want to ask the alarm gurus at these forums...
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...pics.asp?FID=3
http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ult...?ubb=forum;f=9

Old 02-02-2005, 10:30 PM
threefiftyone
Elder User
There's nothing under there the size of MY hand (BIG)! But really what I described is what there is.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:40 PM
kontai69
Senior User
Well, no little black box with a snake on it, but there is a little black box with "DEI" on it. Thanks for the link, but my model is not listed on there.
Out of curiosity, how did you know the model if you don't have the user manual (assumingly) and haven't located the alarm brain?
If the keyfob locks and unlocks the doors, then the alarm brain has to be present somewhere. It maybe hidden behind the gauge cluster or radio bezel. The fact that you are having a hard time finding it is actually a good thing. Many alarm installers tend to zip tie the alarm brain in plain sight underneath the dash. A thief would not have to be an car alarm wizard to defeat a system installed in that manner.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:19 AM
threefiftyone
Elder User
What!?

I don't know the model number. When I was looking at the homepage, I noticed that most of the models ascended up in 3 digit numbers. I put 2 and 2 together and figured that out of the numbers on the box, the "610T" was the model number. But apparently no one knows about this model. While searching that site, I found that the 600 series is a close resemblence to mine. Some of the functions are the same on the remote, if not all. I guess I'll just have to take it to a local Viper dealer and see what they say. All the little boxes are right there though. Right under the dash in plain sight. Would the "brain" be under the hood?

Old 02-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Twisted Ranger
Senior User
The 610T was a keyless entry system only that offered a couple of security options (shock sensor, starter kill). It was a base model unit and is old. You can't find info on it cuz it's been purged from DEI archives as a current model. They do that from time to time. The other buttons probably aren't hooked up. The're usually for trunk pop and other options.

Old 02-08-2005, 10:51 PM
threefiftyone
Elder User
Damn, you're good. After my last post, I drove up to the hills and tested buttons 3 and 4, and got nothing. The first button is to lock/unlock, and the second button just turns off the chirp. But are you telling me there's no actual alarm? And can I still get features on this system like remote start?

Thanks a lot

Old 02-09-2005, 11:37 AM
grease monkey
Elder User
Generally there is a button for panic, arm, disarm, and a acessory

Old 02-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Twisted Ranger
Senior User
If you want to get remote start, I'd recommend having it pulled and getting an alarm -w- remote start. If it's a tiny brain, it's probably just a keyless system. Viper's aren't big, but the REAL tiny ones are usually keyless Entry. Shop I used to work for sold the 100ESP from Viper that sounds like what you've got. Real small, but keyless entry only.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:38 PM
threefiftyone
Elder User
Originally Posted by Twisted Ranger
If you want to get remote start, I'd recommend having it pulled and getting an alarm -w- remote start. If it's a tiny brain, it's probably just a keyless system. Viper's aren't big, but the REAL tiny ones are usually keyless Entry. Shop I used to work for sold the 100ESP from Viper that sounds like what you've got. Real small, but keyless entry only.
Hey dude, Now I want to remove this piece of $#!t - how hard is it? Can I just start ripping wires out or what?

Old 02-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Twisted Ranger
Senior User
NO!!! Don't start ripping things out. The system has a starter kill. Have it removed by a local stereo shop.

Old 02-20-2005, 05:16 PM
threefiftyone
Elder User
Yeah, that's what I did. I had them keep the keyless entry, but just turned off the alarms. The thing was flipping out. It would go off for no reason. But I like the keyless entry

Quick Reply: Viper....