Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Wiring Problem

Old 01-29-2005, 05:31 PM
HOHMAN
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Wiring Problem

All Of A Sudden, The "door Agar" Lite Stays On All The Time When I Am Driving The Truck---also When You Stop The Truck & Shut It Off, The "key In Ign." Chime Keeps Going Off Even With The Doors Closed & Will Only Stop If Key Is Removed. Also The Dome Lite Comes On & Off On Its Own--when I Park Truck @ Night--lite Will Stay On Anywhere From 30 Sec. To 2 Hrs!!!! This Is After Shutting Truck Off--pulling Keys Out--making Sure Doors Are Closed & Walking Into The House---i Hope Someone Can Point Me In The Right Direction For A Fix-thank You-charles

Old 01-29-2005, 07:41 PM
obmf2
New User
Had the same problem recently. These days a lot of the switches are mounted in the latch assembly instead on the jamb. try spraying some wd-40 into all your latches to free up the stuck switch

Old 01-29-2005, 10:30 PM
CrazyCat
New User
Your door pinswitch or the wiring for your door pinswitch is faulty. I dont know what year you have but you might find a small black pinswitch in the door jamb
vertically between the door hinges. this switch sometimes has a locknut and can be adjusted. Or like OBM said, they are sometimes inside the door on the latch.

Search this Thread