Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Missing Bad Loud Engine CEL on

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 02:44 PM
96gizmo
Trailering
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Missing Bad Loud Engine CEL on

Had the codes read today it gave IRP low oil pressure code. What is the IRP, where is it located, are they hard to change, and how much do they normally cost? PS Thanks for all of the responses to my previous post.

Old 01-27-2005, 07:24 PM
slc10844
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Injection Pressure Regulator is mounted on the back side of the high pressure oil pump and has an electrical connector on it.

Old 01-27-2005, 07:32 PM
jasonmichigan
Trailering
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
international has a rebuild kit for it.. it contains orings, 3 of them for 16 dollars.. and a stamped steel nut.. i have the number of it as i just did mine last summer. if the part is bad they also have the replacements for 115 dollars.. ford wants 300 for the same.. international is your friend.. to replace or rebuild the ipr you will have to remove the fuel filter. kinda a pain.. but after that it is cake.. you have to get a deepwell socket in on the back side of the high presure oil pump.. which is located right in front of the fuel filter.. look for wires pluged into it.. that should put you in the right location.. also a good time to clean that fuel filter housing.. did mine with some simple green.. but i might have damaged the fuel heater that is located in the bottom.. cause mine just dosn't start in the cold like it used to.. maybe i am wrong about the heater.. anybody know????? good luck.. i will be watching.. any questions let me know..

THIS SITE ROCKS.........JASON