Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Truck wont start, pulled 4 error codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 02:40 PM
Monster350Ford
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck wont start, pulled 4 error codes

Alright everyone I need help with my 99 PSD. I went to get in truck this morning and it wouldnt start. It ran fine all day before and it sat overnight and all the sudden wouldnt do a thing. It will crank over but thats it. I managed to get it running after a good 5 min of trying to start it. It idled for about 5 min then I went to drive off. As soon as the clutch felt like it grabbed the truck died. While I was trying to start it everytime it cranked white smoke would come out of the exhaust. I pulled 4 error codes out of the truck:

P1690 - Waste Gate Control Selenoid
P0381 - GP Lamp Output Circut Fault
- GP Circut Indicator Malfunction
P0470 - EBS Sensor Circut Malfunction
P1210 - ICP Sensor Fault

Where do I start. Which one of these problems would be linked to not starting. Which would be the smartest fix to start with?

Old 01-23-2005, 06:45 PM
lancer
Elder User
I would think the icp sensor (injector control pressure sensor) It would have the most to do with the running part of the engine i would think.

Old 01-24-2005, 12:50 PM
powerglyd
Junior User
how many miles on your truck?

1. make sure engine oil level is ok. when did you change it last?
2. check oil level on hpop, should be no less than 1 inch from plug
3. drain fuel bowl to check for water. when did you change fuel filter last?
4. did you fuel up lately and where?

Keep us posted

Old 01-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Monster350Ford
Freshman User
Ok, my truck has 246,000 miles on it. It has run fine since I bought it at 188,000 K. The Oil was changed 2 days before the no start problem came about. My little brother was the last one to drive the truck before the problem came about. He swares the truck ran fine all day. The next morning it would not start. He also filled it with a 1/2 tank of diesel at a local truckstop off of major highway (35 N in Texas). The fuel filter has not been changed for a good 12,000 miles or so. Thats the last thing I need to change. The truck is going to the dealership tomorrow, and I will be right there with the tech while the diagnostic test is being run. The local diesel shop seems to thing the Injector Drive Module might have gone out. In a diesel all you need to run is fuel, and air. I know its getting air, so fuel is next. I hope that pump didnt crap out but we'll see. Any other ideas on what might be wrong would be helpful. Thanks

Old 01-25-2005, 11:15 AM
powerglyd
Junior User
The only other thing that I can think of short of some complicated electrical problem is fuel restriction from the fuel bowl to the injection preasure regulator.

If you have time pull the fuel filter and check the small screen at the bottom of the fuel bowl---clean it out with q-tips if dirty. Good Luck!!! Keep us posted.