Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Pull On S/d 250 Psd 4x4

Old 01-21-2005, 08:29 AM
oceanrider33
New User
oceanrider33 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Steering Pull On S/d 250 Psd 4x4

I have a 2001 250 S/D PSD 4X4, I have noticed that it pulls to the right. Enough to where I have to hold the steering wheel in a cocked position. The steering wheel is cocked about 5 degrees to the left when wheels are centered. So I took the truck to get a 4 wheel almnt. and was told that acording to the computer that the truck should be pulling to the left and not the right. I was told that I have damage somewhere else and need to find it.

Any ideas?????

Old 01-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Max1775
Elder User
Max1775 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think you need to take your truck to a different shop. They should be able to tell you what's wrong with it without you having to figure it out for yourself. I don't know where Waler is, but there is a shop in S.A. called Southwest Brake and Alignment that we take all of our trucks to (they have the equipment for seriously oversized trucks too). Most of the places like PBoys, Seers, Freestone, Breakchuck, Modus, etc... are not that well versed with the technical stuff. Just my opinion though.

Max

Old 01-23-2005, 02:02 PM
bonesdungeon
New User
bonesdungeon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by oceanrider33
I have a 2001 250 S/D PSD 4X4, I have noticed that it pulls to the right. Enough to where I have to hold the steering wheel in a cocked position. The steering wheel is cocked about 5 degrees to the left when wheels are centered. So I took the truck to get a 4 wheel almnt. and was told that acording to the computer that the truck should be pulling to the left and not the right. I was told that I have damage somewhere else and need to find it.

Any ideas?????
I have the same problem with a 97 250 4x4 ,i know i have a bent spring shackel causing it , its not bent much ,but enough. Just someplace to start checking

Old 01-24-2005, 07:54 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Welcome Greg, to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! If you have a minute check out the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand FTE.
We are pleased you have chosen the best source for Fords!
See you on the boards.
Enjoy FTE ..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.