Offroad & 4x4
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Letting your wife/girlfriend drive your 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 11:53 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ivanribic
Where IS the girlfriend Saurian?
Jacob if your half as smart as I give you credit for you DeFINATLY will NOT answer that one.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have question 4x4kindagirl: Does your b/f let ANYONE drive his truck? At first I was skeptical of his response to you, but I don't know the guy. Maybe he'd bluntly tell anyone else to get lost. I guess that's your call to make.

It sounds like your b/f is a pretty talented fella. Instead of asking to drive his truck, I think you should be persuading him to build your truck. At least he can still have bragging rights when you out-drive everyone in sight.

FWIW I'd let my wife drive my truck. The US Army certified her in 2 1/2 & 5 ton trucks, all-terrian cranes and other assorted equipment. Yep, she can drive ANYTHING she desires .

see ya in the weeds, Mike

Old 01-22-2005, 08:54 AM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Saurian
Course she's closer to Pro and Ivan (Dear god) then she is to me right now

Really?........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

edit: damn, Ivan beat me to the punch.

Jopey: I suppose it comes down to our wimmins, too. Mine panics just riding shotgun, which is why I certainly can't imagine her behind the wheel. But then, allot of people panic when they ride shotgun with me Well, Ivan was calm as a cucumber but he was walking funny the next day

Wait a minute....something sounds really wrong about that last sentence...

Last edited by proeliator; 01-22-2005 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:13 AM
deerhunter3814
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish my wife wanted to drive any of the four 4x4's I have, but she won't, not even on the street. I would let her in a heartbeat, I think I would get a bigger thrill out of watching her than she could driving them, but then I get a thrill out of just watching her.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Actually as of last night she's no longer my girlfriend, go ahead. O_O

She lives in California, hence it'd be a drive down the coast for you two, while for me it'd be across the boring midwest, up some freakin mountains, then deal with LA traffic.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:18 AM
cbelt3
Freshman User
After reading all these post on the sould I's and Should I nots.... well I would have to say NO NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!!!! after letting my wife of 17 years Drive my truck, I thought ya she will respect my baby.. ya right!!! How foolish was I,

Well she backed into a car first off no big deal Let the insurance take care of it no damage to my baby...

Then while working on her Bronco. I needed parts but was trying to save time by letting her go to Napa and picking the parts up while removing the old Parts She backed into a dump truck creaming the rear end of my truck.

while pulling away from the dump truck she hit a Brick mail box and putting a very nice crease in the fender 2800.00 in damage in less than 10 seconds..

now I am trying to find the molding and the pin stripe vinyl trim that is OEM

1993 F150 Extended cab
351w
e4od trans
long box with carpet kit and shell to match
does 0-60 in however i feel

Old 01-22-2005, 11:39 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Saurian
Actually as of last night she's no longer my girlfriend, go ahead. O_O
Like I was going to wait for your permission. Phone number and address please. Sorry man, just ribbing you.

People think I'm sexist when I talk about women drivers but the fact of the matter is the large majority of them don't drive too well in little cars, let alone big trucks. Even my girlfriend says that. She's an EXCELLENT driver . . . never had a ticket and never caused an accident. But she's always making the same comment about how most women are horrible drivers. Some are good drivers and some are exceptional drivers but not many. Do I try to go in the kitchen and cook? No . . . I'm not good at it and would rather not burn the house down. I know my limitations. Are all men bad at cooking? No. Are MOST men bad at cooking? Absofreakinloutely . . . no woman will argue about that. So why is it that they can't grasp that MOST women are not good at driving? We're wired different and there's some things one sex is better at than the other . . . it goes both ways.

Flame suit: ON

Old 01-22-2005, 11:48 AM
jopey
Elder User
Originally Posted by proeliator
Jopey: I suppose it comes down to our wimmins, too. Mine panics just riding shotgun, which is why I certainly can't imagine her behind the wheel. But then, allot of people panic when they ride shotgun with me Well, Ivan was calm as a cucumber but he was walking funny the next day

Wait a minute....something sounds really wrong about that last sentence...

I can see where you are coming from here pro. You just have to start them out on the easy stuff. you can't throw them in the snake pit unless they have some training.

Oh and I am not going to touch that last one there......

Old 01-22-2005, 12:24 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jopey
Oh and I am not going to touch that last one there......
True dat . . . "cucumber" and "walking funny the next day" should never be used in the same sentence.

Old 01-22-2005, 01:01 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ivanribic
. no woman will argue about that. So why is it that they can't grasp that MOST women are not good at driving? We're wired different and there's some things one sex is better at than the other . . . it goes both ways.

Flame suit: ON
You appearantly haven't watched the news latelyabout the president of Yale university that is in trouble for saying that the reason there isn't so many women in math, and sience is becuase there are somethings that women aren't as good at as men, and viceversa causing a major fall out got news for ya but there is a whole lot of them that would argue that one even as they ran over the mail box, and backed into the house next door
NOt that I ever thought your were PC on much of anything just thought I would point that out.

Old 01-22-2005, 07:05 PM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
NOt that I ever thought your were PC on much of anything just thought I would point that out.
PC and honesty rarely get along . . . I can be one or the other. Yes, I did see the Yale thing, it cracked me up. All this education and the poor guy still doesn't know how to say things "tactfully". See, put a woman in his shoes and she could have worded it so everyone would just say "Yeah, she's got a good point!". Again, women are better at plenty of things.

Old 01-22-2005, 09:04 PM
racsan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
id be willing for my wife to drive my truck but she is unwilling to drive a standard, im not willing to trade it for a automatic, guess were at a impass. i may get her a exploder 4x4 someday when the taurus is spent though.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:16 PM
cleatus12r
Butt-Head
Received 1,992 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by racsan
id be willing for my wife to drive my truck but she is unwilling to drive a standard, im not willing to trade it for a automatic, guess were at a impass. i may get her a exploder 4x4 someday when the taurus is spent though.

I don't know....someday might be longer than you think. If it's an older Taurus with th 3 liter, she may be in for a long wait. My folks had two of 'em...an 89 and a 91 and they each went 265K miles with little to no maintenance (save for oil changes and brake rotors) and only three trannies in the 89 and two in the 91.....still ran like champs; no oil burning, no engine leaks, etc. The 89 got rear-ended and the insurance paid more than it was worth to total it, and the 91 was ......I don't know what they did with it.

My brother and I drove these things through high-school so don't think they had an easy life......don't try mud bogging on your lunch period, it makes you late for 6th period!!!! BTW, that was a LOOONG time ago (93-94 timeframe)

Cody

Old 01-22-2005, 10:34 PM
racsan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its a '93 taurus 3.0 vulcan. belonged to the grandmother of my sisters husband (still with me?) got it 3 years ago with only 24,000 actual miles on it for 2,500 bucks. has about 50,000 on it now. only thing ive done is change oil, new tires and front brakes. im actully considering getting her something so i have something to drive when its nice to get better gas milage and keep milage off the truck. the taurus rides and handles very well, i just feel like im riding on a skateboard compared to driving my p/u.

Old 01-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Put an oil cooler on that Taurus, Racsan. With that mileage, you ought to not be doing too bad, but that's what kills Taurus's. And usually its not worth putting a new tranny in. The Vulcan motor is great, just the transmission is.......

Quick Reply: Letting your wife/girlfriend drive your 4x4?