Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Bad Luck

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 106 Likes on 100 Posts
Bad Luck

Well it seems I have had my share of rotten luck lately... Ssorry for not contributing much to the forums lately. Carolyn is having to redo the Chapter Web site due to the fact that we had a virus take my home network down. I had to re-format all 4 PC's. My Nephew brought over a CD with MP3s and games on it from a friends computer. It had a new virus that Nortons didn't catch. (Rollie I'll need another members list, with all the PC problems I didn't get it, or it is lost) Secondly, I had to tow a junker to the yard because the crusher was waitnig for me... and the yard owner called 3 times in 2 days for me to get it down there, because he wanted parts off of it, before it was crushed. I first slipped on the ice and was later rewarded with 2 stitches in my thick head from the tow bar. Then I had a flat tire on the junker, on the way to the yard, so I changed the tire. 1 more mile down the road the back axel broke and the truck went straight to the ground, axel and tire rolling into the deep snow in the ditch. I am a little ashamed to say I was in such a good mood I pushed her into 4 low and dragged the beast the last 2 miles to the yard. (the dirt road is a little tore up, and some farmer gave me a wierd look.) All this in 8 degree weather, with a 10mph wind. To top it off I get to the ¥ard and it was closed, because of the cold... I missed them by 30 minutes. So I dropped it off on the side of the road just outside the ¥ård and was rewarded with a parking ticket, delivered to my door by one of the local city counsel members who act as yard police. I did get out of the ticket, but it was still a long cold draining day. On the bright side the check came from the old guy hitting my new truck ! and the wife is letting me use 100% of it for truck mods, after repairs that is. :-)

Old 01-15-2005, 01:28 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Sounds like a great adventure. I will be a fun story to tell in about 5 years. I think we can all relate. That's scary about the virus. Keep your chin up and try to stay warm. I was up in your area a couple of weeks ago, but schedule was tight so I couldn't stop by. I'll give you a shout the next time I'm there.

Del

Old 01-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!! What a time you have been having!!
I would say good luck but at this point, any luck will do!!!
Mark

Old 01-15-2005, 05:59 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well Flip, I think I would have drug the thing right after it caused me head trauma, so you lasted longer than i would have lol. Oh well, it's just a good story you can tell your kids/grandkids about someday.

Duane
Southeast Kansas Coordinator

Old 01-15-2005, 10:47 PM
stlthf1
Posting Guru
Dang...hope it gets better for you

Old 01-16-2005, 12:15 AM
fordborn
Post Fiend

So any way Flip how was your day? LOL