1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

No clutch pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:02 PM
B4000ZoomZoom
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No clutch pressure

clutch went out week ago and we replaced the master and slave cylinder. we bleed it but still can not get the pressure. there is a little at the end of the stroke but not enough.

the manual says that air may become trapped it the quick disconnect so would this be the problem.

thanks

Old 01-12-2005, 11:32 PM
texan2004
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are in for a fun time. Bleeding these things is a real pain. Nothing like bleeding brakes. I had a similar problem on my Explorer and went to a local transmission shop for help. He told me get in the truck and pump the clutch for about 20 minutes (no kidding), then hold the clutch pedal down and have someone open the bleeder. Problem is the resevoir is so small you have to be careful not to let it run dry once you start opening the bleeder. My Explorer clutch still isn't like it was before the hydraulic system was comprimised. My Ranger was just the opposite. I purchased a bench bled slave cylinder from Ford when I replaced the clutch and much tom my amazement, I did not have to bleed the clutch. I was stunned.

One other comment and it's probably a little too late for you unless you want to pull the tranny back out. When I did the Explorer, I used aftermarket equipment from an Auto PArts store. As described above, I had trouble getting this stuff to work and it still doesn't work as well as the original set up. I purchased the parts for the Ranger from the Ford Stealer and everything worked perfect. Like I said, I didn't even have to bleed the system thoug on the Ranger I only replaced the Slave cylinder and not the master cylinder. Figured I could get at that easy enough later if it went bad. I only replaced the slave cylinder because I had the tranny out to replace the clutch at 150K miles. I knew that if I did not replace everything while I was in there, it would crap out within a month of me putting it back together. Never the optimist. Good Luck getting yours done. It is a real bear getting the all of the air out.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Ken00
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to FTE!!!

Try doing a search, there are many posts about this topic.