Free intake and carb

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 09:02 AM
uemf
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just picked up free intake and carb

I just picked up a C6AE -G 4 bbl intake and a 4100 autolite
carb for free(step father cleaning out his garage making more room for his T-birds, he's up to 3 plus 1 donor ).
Is it worth swapping out my 2bbl intake and 2150 carb ?
the exaust is stock logs.
My guess is that this intake doesn't have EGR ports. whitch is good because I don't have an EGR plate for a 4v or would that cause issues.
also I can only find one vacuum port on the carb. I think it's manifold vac. (below the throttle plates,but I could be wrong)
Money is definantly the object ! Cheap is the way to go.
I'm trying to make small changes. if I get this intake on there, maybe in a few months I'll be able to put on a 600 - 650 cfm Holly. or headers.

Last edited by uemf; 01-11-2005 at 09:36 AM. Reason: title sounded misleading
Old 01-12-2005, 11:08 PM
JARedman
Freshman User
uemf, Is the intake off a T-bird? The engine angle was slightly different in them, so the carb base has a different angle than other manifolds for FE engined vehicles. I understand there are adaptor plates to make them work in other applications. I don't know all the particulars, so anyone who does is more than welcome to chime in. Your step Father might know. After market egr adaptor plates are available from Summit(one of their venders). Happy hunting! JR

Old 01-13-2005, 07:21 AM
uemf
Senior User
Thanks for the help! He doesn't know what it was off of. I'd pass on it a couple of times because someone had told him it was off of an FT. I found that it wasn't by searching this forum.
How can you tell a Non EGR from an EGR intake?

why didnt my signature show up on my first post ???

My particulars then,
'73 F100 - 360 ci - C6 auto - 80K miles - stock except for crain cam points conversion and accel coil.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:16 AM
thunderguns71
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A C4AE intake is off a 64' Galaxie and doesnt have egr. Changing it out with the 2bbl intake would wake it up a lil, but you really need headers next to get the full effect.

Old 01-14-2005, 11:38 PM
JARedman
Freshman User
Red face EGR on Manifold

The only two manifolds I have seen with Egr , a 74 2barrel 360 and a 76 4barrel 390 both had ports in the carburetor mounting pad. The holes were only about half an inch and both were copletely clogged with crap. Makes me wonder if and how long egr systems work. Hope this helps.

Old 01-17-2005, 07:50 AM
uemf
Senior User
Thanks

Thanks JARedman and thunderguns.
I'm fairly new at tearing into engines, I've learned alot wrenching on this truck. (mainly the intake weights a TON !)
FTE has helped me out of a couple of tight squeezes and given me the knowledge and the "Got Your Back " feeling that has made me push myself (but I'm still not ripping into my C6 ... yet )
Tony