Chapter Leader Forum???

Old 01-10-2005, 08:23 PM
heavnbound
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapter Leader Forum???

Now I know that I have been up too long and my eyes are crossing on their own, but what happened to the Chapter Leader Forum???

Old 01-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I see it. It's right above this forum.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:28 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I can't see it either , Dennis said there might be some teakin & tunin going on .

Old 01-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
LOL!! This is funny. I got my permissions all worked out and now you guys can't see it.

I'm sure it will all be worked out soon enough. Be patient, my friends. Just say it's all Dicks fault and go grab yer little voo doo dolls of him and a handfull of pins and then ........ what the HECK am I saying!!!!

Old 01-10-2005, 10:04 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

I no longer can see it either. Also received an email saying there was a reply in the forum and when I click on it I am told that I do not have the proper rights to see it.

Old 01-10-2005, 10:35 PM
heavnbound
Elder User
Originally Posted by fordborn
I no longer can see it either. Also received an email saying there was a reply in the forum and when I click on it I am told that I do not have the proper rights to see it.
Whew! I thought there had been a mutiny and I had been overthrown! At least it's not just me!

Old 01-10-2005, 11:43 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Same thing happened to me. Worked fine yesterday, wonder whats up.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can still see it too
nyah nyah
Ken and Eric and Dennis have been doing some more work and ironing out some little problems so be patient and I'm sure it will get fixed soon.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I just checked the permissions and they were OK. This seems to be a different problem than the Mod's access to the CL forum. Heavnbound's account shows the same signs of corruption that are shown in three moderator's accounts that can't see the mod forum. I will check some files:

Other corrupt files:
==================
f=2504by497
mustange70
fordborn

-All three of you so far.

The consistent sign of corruption I have seen is that the following item has no Y/N setting in the file:
"Pop up a Notification Box When a Private Message is Received"

Just for grins... Can you guys check your User CP and see if a setting for that option shows? Then see if you can set it. After you have set it, test your access to the CL forum. When I have set the option in the past from the Admin panel it has made no difference. Let me know what you find out.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:58 AM
heavnbound
Elder User
Originally Posted by Torque1st
The consistent sign of corruption I have seen is that the following item has no Y/N setting in the file:
"Pop up a Notification Box When a Private Message is Received"

Just for grins... Can you guys check your User CP and see if a setting for that option shows? Then see if you can set it. After you have set it, test your access to the CL forum. When I have set the option in the past from the Admin panel it has made no difference. Let me know what you find out.
Ok I went to my CP and tried to find this option. I looked at the bottom of Send a Private Message where some Options are shown but that wasn't one of them. I don't get a pop up message about PM.s - I get an email saying I have one.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:27 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
I have that option Eric, it was set to recieve a pop up noticed, turned it off just now and nothing changed, i will try changing it again and see if anything happens.

Tried it and nothing changed.

Last edited by mustange70; 01-11-2005 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:06 AM
heavnbound
Elder User
Torque1st,
I found the Option you were talking about. It was checked. I cleared the check, logged out of FTE and came back in. Nothing changed - still can't see the CL Forum.

Ok now something else weird. I went back to the Option and found it was checked again! Bizarre!

Old 01-11-2005, 02:26 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Thanks guys!

Both accounts now show that option checked in the Admin panel. When I set the option on other accounts thru the Admin panel it did not help either but I could always hope...

Sorry it did not help. It does show as a the only consistent indicator or abnormality that I have found for Ken. Unfortunately there is another bug in the software from a recent security patch that may be causing more damage than it is preventing. It all may be related. I am kind of dead in the water for permissions upgrades, new mods, etc until this is solved. I don't want to be messing up files any more than they are.

One interesting side note, Fordlover1951's file shows the same missing setting but he is able to access the mod forum. So the corruption indicator is not 100%. I can't remember if it was set the last time I looked at it because I check soooo many of those things everyday...

Maybe you guys can get together and see if you can remember the last time you changed anything in your User CP. Maybe you all recently accessed some feature????? -Grabbing at straws.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:49 AM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Same here I made the changes and it didn't work. I haven't made changes to my options for months that I can remember.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:15 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had noticed the same problem, I was waiting until it was mentioned to say anything, figured it was an update, and be patient, ot it would come out all the same... well, it came out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chapter Leader Forum???