2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To Add Memory Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 10:19 PM
cesardajr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How To Add Memory Seats

I have a 2004 f150 fx4 supercrew with a leather power driver seat. how can i add memory seats to this truck? has anyone done this before?
Thanks

Old 01-06-2005, 12:39 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wish to do this mod too. Anyone with any insight into this swap?
Thanks
Chris

Third time to try to reply, seems to be a problem in this thread.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:40 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford Gold System with All options for your truck and a competent installer with Code

Ford Gold System with All options for your truck and a competent installer with Code Alarm instructions is the answer!

I have it! NICE!

Memory Seats, Remote Start, Alarm System, More Security Features, lighting, etc...

It Rocks!

Dave

Old 01-06-2005, 10:37 PM
ford_wheeler
New User
what is the ford gold system? where can you find it on the web

Old 01-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Yob2kanobe
Senior User
Wrongoo, you need the memory seats to start with to make the Gold system work.
Its not as easy as getting a pair of memory seats and bolting them in either, the wire harness is different from the FX4 to the Lariat, also the whole thing operates off the module communications network in the truck.(basically a computer that remembers the seat,mirror and pedal settings) I researched this extensively to no avail for my FX4. bummed out now. Perhaps the 06 FX4 will have them avaliable. be ready to trade up by then.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:11 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Hi, Yob2kanobe, Did you already have power seats in your FX4 stock?
I have mechanical seats, want to go to power. Memory would be nice, but did your research tell you if you could use the memory seats as plain power? Seems to me it would work, but I haven't got any power seats to play with. Yet.
(r.e. our last e-mail exchange, I got some of those a/c vents on e-bay, finally.)
Chris

Old 01-07-2005, 12:30 AM
Yob2kanobe
Senior User
Hi Chris,
Ya, I have the power seats already but really wanted memory seats as my wife always leaves the seat crammed up against the dash for me after she drives it. lol
I checked out the wire schematics and It is virtually impossible without a different harness and CAN-BUS program I belive. In your case If all you want is just power seats It will work easily as the power is already in the FX4 harness and should be avaliable under your seat area somewhere, dont forget to plug in the airbag/seatbelt sensor, the plug is the same on all. If I was you Id get a power or memory seat off ebay regardless of color and swap the bases out and resell the seat.Some for sale now for $100 on ebay. If you need any more help Chris with the wireing email me as I have the ford OEM DVD of all the scematics.
Nice vents eh?
Yob

I just noticed you have the stx so im not sure what you have for wire but all the seat really needs to work is 12v.

Last edited by Yob2kanobe; 01-07-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:01 AM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Code Alarm

Originally Posted by Yob2kanobe
Its not as easy as getting a pair of memory seats and bolting them in either, the wire harness is different from the FX4 to the Lariat, also the whole thing operates off the module communications network in the truck.(basically a computer that remembers the seat,mirror and pedal settings) I researched this extensively to no avail for my FX4. bummed out now. Perhaps the 06 FX4 will have them avaliable. be ready to trade up by then.
When I talked to Code Alarm, makers of the Ford Gold System, they did not mention mirrors and what not. Only seats. Did you hear that mirrors were suppose to move too? That would make sense and be convenient, which is why I figured Ford left that out.. Ha Ha'

Dave

Old 01-07-2005, 10:57 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Hi Yob2kanobe, Those seats are the memory seats, totals about 400 bucks with shipping. I was thinking of doing a seat base transplant. I expect the power for the seats is buried somewhere under the carpet. I'm looking for someone that wants to sell their old bases after they put in memory seats.
Chris

Old 01-07-2005, 02:16 PM
KevinM
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If I am not mistaken, the only way you could have gotten the memory seats was to also have the seat warmer package. This requires the switches at the dash to be redone.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:06 PM
JerryTX
New User
Originally Posted by Yob2kanobe
Maybe someone here can help me with my question:

So I've got a Lariat with memory seats. My config is loaded into both locations (1 and 2) as the wife almost never drives the turck. I'm looking to change location 2 to have the same seat and pedal config remain the same and only have the mirrors drop to allow me to see the curbs and the edge of the boat ramp. Option 1 (and I haven't tried this yet) is to carry the second key fob in teh truck and hit the unlock button when I throw the truck in reverse, THAT's not real clean and it probably won't work since the truck is likely to ignore the unlock from the keyfob once its in the run position. Reaching down and hitting the "2" button doesn't work either, the buttons are useless once the positions are programmed it seems. On my wifes Navi just hitting the 1 or 2 changes it no matter if the truck is on or off, running or not, the buttons are always active.

Any Memory Seat/Key Fob experts in here that can think of a solution to either make the buttons active or rig up a setup that triggers off the reverse lights to go to "Memory 2" settings and then revert back to "Memory 1" when its not in reverse?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Old 04-04-2006, 04:15 PM
tomdoggie
Senior User
Ill never understand why people buy trucks, then add all the bells

afterwards. Why not buy what you want from the factory? Isnt it cheaper that
way?

Old 04-04-2006, 04:28 PM
JerryTX
New User
Talking

Originally Posted by tomdoggie
Ill never understand why people buy trucks, then add all the bells

afterwards. Why not buy what you want from the factory? Isnt it cheaper that
way?

For me and my desire to mod the factory option and tweak it for reverse only I'll give you two quick answers: I bought it used and let someone else take the $6K hit for the smell of REALLY new leather... and you couldn't get this option from the factory.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:22 PM
the4by4freek
Posting Guru
The only vehicle I have ever seen with the auto down mirrors in reverse is the Eddie Bauer Expedition. My neighbor has one and it is all tricked out with power third row, auto down reverse mirrors, heated and cooled seats, DVD, Audiophile sound system and so on and so on! It rocks! That would be a cool deal if someone could figure out how to program though. I know I would be interested especially when towing my small utility trailer or backing into a parking space.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:59 PM
LACityFD
Senior User
4byfreak,

There's a bunch of cars out there now with auto tilt mirrors: Lexus, BMW, MB & the Chevy Yukon offer it as well as a few others.

Not to hijack the post or anything, but does anyone know how to add power fold mirrors to the Lariat? I have a Lariat SCREW and it would be awesome if I could powerfold the mirrors. Then I'd finally be able to go thru the drive up ATM

Quick Reply: How To Add Memory Seats