1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Problems...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 03:01 PM
da1gamer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Electrical Problems...HELP!

Well, I start my holidays off with a dead truck when trying to go to work! I have a 2003 F250 Superduty 6.0L disiel crewcab truck that a bought with 5K miles on it. No problems untill a few weeks ago when it rained I noticed a puddle below the steering column and when I opened the panel and the fuse panel water dripped down. Brought it to the delership and they plugged the leak but now whenever it rains, a small leak occurs and when I take the key out, the following happens:
-The truck begins to "ding" like the key was still in the ignition (when its not)
-The interior lights would come back on
-All of the lights and radio would turn on just like if you would turn the key into the "on" position and stay that way
-You cannot lock the doors by the button on the door panel, it automaticlly opens the drivers side door like the key was still in the igition (when its not)
-Stays on most of the time, but if it dose'nt it just flickers on and off

I know the water is messing up something in the fuse panel, but I pulled the instrument panel fuse overnight to elimate the amp drwaing from the battery and the truck was dead in the morning. But what is getting messed up in the fuses or relays so I know what I am talking about when I go to the delearship? Is it the whole fuse panel that needs to be replaced? Somebody help!

Old 12-24-2004, 10:03 PM
99f350sd
Lead Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
What a mess is the windshield leaking? thats my guess. You need to get a new windshield now!!! If not then what else could be leaking.???

Old 12-25-2004, 09:01 AM
da1gamer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a good question, thats what I am trying to figure out! Right now I am calling Roadside Assistance and getting it sent back to the dealer so they can see thats its REALLY dead and I am not bs'ing! Any concerns or suggestions on getting the dealer to fix it right the first time?