making my 4.2L roar

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 07:59 PM
homer4.2
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would sound better though on true duals? 2 cherry bomb glasspacks like 10" long or so (on both pipes obviously) or tue 40series FM's??

Old 12-15-2004, 09:27 AM
true4.2
Postmaster
Gerbils sound better my friend...go with the gerbils.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:09 AM
rmanTX
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you want more info on gerbils you can IM my buddy ricky, aim SN: richard gere

maybe low can help us out on this one too, he may be a 'gerbil master vet"

Old 12-15-2004, 02:42 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 4.2manster
if you want more info on gerbils you can IM my buddy ricky, aim SN: richard gere

maybe low can help us out on this one too, he may be a 'gerbil master vet"

Hey, maybe that's what he meant in the first place but for some strange reason put Ford and Tech in the title.

The funny thing is...that would explain a lot.

Old 12-15-2004, 08:20 PM
travlnman
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh great, here we go again. I sound like a broken record(yes I grew up with records). It's illegal, and will cause you to have to spend more money on your truck to avoid the engine light, and it will gain you about exactly, very little if anything. You would need a before and after dyno run to see the difference. Leave the cats, or take the 4 off, and install two highflow's (very legal) and run straight pipes, no muffler's . It'll make your head roar, which is obviously what you want, and it won't get you in trouble, and won't cause your truck any trouble.Unless you have a noise ordinance in your town.

Old 12-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 700 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by homer4.2
Who gives a rats *** about the environment.
Ya know, Homer, that has got to be the most short-sighted self-centered thing I've ever read on one of your posts. I can't believe this.

Those of you think that it's your RIGHT to cause 50 times more pollution than the next guy because you HAVE to have a truck that sounds LOUD. I can't stand it. To hell with the rest of the world, MY TRUCK HAS TO BE LOUD!!!!!

I don't mean to offend anyone, but who the hell do you think you are? If everyone cut off the cats, with the number of vehicles we have on the roads today, breathing disorders, such as lung cancer and asthma, would be much more common, and people would die. Just because they wanted their vehicles to be loud. I'm not saying that that would happen, but who the hell thinks they can pollute that much more than the average driver JUST becuase they want to be loud. That's potentially affecting everyone just so people think you're bad-*** with your loud truck. Grow up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those far-left enviro-wackies, and I don't rant about this much, but I believe doing more physical harm to the environment so people can watch you go down the road, thinking you're an idiot in your obnoxiously loud truck, is the worst attitude to have.

Ok, I'm off my rant, and I await my flaming!

Old 12-16-2004, 11:58 AM
rmanTX
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Crazy001
Ya know, Homer, that has got to be the most short-sighted self-centered thing I've ever read on one of your posts. I can't believe this.

Those of you think that it's your RIGHT to cause 50 times more pollution than the next guy because you HAVE to have a truck that sounds LOUD. I can't stand it. To hell with the rest of the world, MY TRUCK HAS TO BE LOUD!!!!!

I don't mean to offend anyone, but who the hell do you think you are? If everyone cut off the cats, with the number of vehicles we have on the roads today, breathing disorders, such as lung cancer and asthma, would be much more common, and people would die. Just because they wanted their vehicles to be loud. I'm not saying that that would happen, but who the hell thinks they can pollute that much more than the average driver JUST becuase they want to be loud. That's potentially affecting everyone just so people think you're bad-*** with your loud truck. Grow up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those far-left enviro-wackies, and I don't rant about this much, but I believe doing more physical harm to the environment so people can watch you go down the road, thinking you're an idiot in your obnoxiously loud truck, is the worst attitude to have.

Ok, I'm off my rant, and I await my flaming!
Well, i stood a bit neutral on this topic. With x-pipes and all being better for flow and whatnot.

But a lot of people have really brought up a good point, so I'm going to side with them.

Homer, even though you're cool and i like you, I'm gonna have to sit on the opposing side for this one.

You could get hi-flow cats, or for other cars, x/h-pipes with cats built in. Same thing, less pollution.

***bonus: high flow cats and x/h-pipes are usually really shiny too.

Old 12-16-2004, 02:29 PM
true4.2
Postmaster
Homer, I'd personally go with high-flo cats that no cats myself, but I really could care less if some guy is wanting no cats on his truck.

Crazy, your name fits you...for not being a "far-left enviro-wacky," you sure are a bit over the hill with your explanation. So because Homer gets no cats, that means Joe-Shmoe down the street will suffer more from lung cancer? No offense, but he shouldn't have been smoking the cigarettes that put him in that position in the first place.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Crazy, your name fits you...for not being a "far-left enviro-wacky," you sure are a bit over the hill with your explanation.

I guess I deserved that.

No, I'm not a "far-left enviro-wacky", and I agree, him cutting out the cats wouldn't physically harm anyone, I just can't stand that kind of mindset. "I can care less about the environment, just MAKE MY TRUCK LOUD!"

I just can't stand people who are all about themselves, to hell with everyone else. I have a huge problem with people bypassing components that are required by law(and for good reason) just because he wants to have an obnoxiously loud truck! I personally believe that cats make good sense, and IMO high flow cats would sound nearly as good, and still pass emissions. I am protesting the attitude more than the mindset.

4.2lBeast, Homer, I am not trying to be offensive, and I apologize if I was. I just don't like that kind of attitude towards things.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:58 PM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by true4.2
Crazy, your name fits you...for not being a "far-left enviro-wacky," you sure are a bit over the hill with your explanation. So because Homer gets no cats, that means Joe-Shmoe down the street will suffer more from lung cancer? No offense, but he shouldn't have been smoking the cigarettes that put him in that position in the first place.
This is the worst post Ive ever read by you Joe. Are you serious?

Originally Posted by Crazy001
I'm not saying that that would happen, but who the hell thinks they can pollute that much more than the average driver JUST becuase they want to be loud. That's potentially affecting everyone just so people think you're bad-*** with your loud truck. Grow up.
That is absolutely the right stance to have. What gives anyone the right to disreguard the law? Besides the fact that a cat-less system would break most noise ordinances in the US, they are mandated to be in place. Im not mad joe, Im just disappointed.

Crazy, Homer4.2, aka landon, does need to grow up. Hes like 17 years old. I am sure you remember being 17, and in high school, with all your inhabitions. We have all been there, I think.

Garrett

Last edited by horizonhuskies; 12-16-2004 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:32 PM
rmanTX
Laughing Gas
Dude i'm 24 and I still act like I'm 16 still. Except for the whole "put your teeth on the curb" fighting style. Glad that's over.

Homer, just get some hi-flow's dude. Or if you are in good with your muffler guy, just get the 2 smaller ones (pre-cats, resonators, heaters, everyone has a diff name) cut off and pipe put in its place. It'll be pretty damn similar to having no cats. Especially on our v6's dude, it may sound ricey with little sound deadening devices like cats or mufflers!

Rman

Old 12-16-2004, 10:47 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crazy001 might be crazy. But....he makes a lot of sense for a crazy guy!

Old 12-17-2004, 01:33 AM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 4.2manster
Dude i'm 24 and I still act like I'm 16 still. Except for the whole "put your teeth on the curb" fighting style. Glad that's over.
Well, my point was, Homer has an excuse. Not sure where you stand.

Old 12-17-2004, 04:55 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
thanks guys, it's good to see that I haven't completely lost my mind!

As I said before, I hope I haven't offended anyone, as that wasn't the intent. I just don't like the attitude, that's all.

Homer, seriously I like hearing your opinions, as you always bring up good points on this forum. IMHO, most laws are there for a reason, and make good sense.

Old 12-17-2004, 07:54 AM
WVF150VIANC
Senior User
I'm not much of a tree hugger myself, but I agree, keep the cats or get high flows. I do like kittens though.

Crazy, how is Watertown? I used to live there. 89-93. Way too cold and snowy for me.

Quick Reply: making my 4.2L roar