1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Another IFS question

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 09:15 PM
54fever
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Another IFS question

I'm lookin to install the show quality IFS from total cost involved and was wondering if anybody has any feed back to offer on this unit, I love the looks of it but question the rigidity of it

Old 12-10-2004, 12:07 PM
svooom
Senior User
Hi 54fever,
I have installed the MII TCI kit into my '53 and have been very happy with the quality of parts and the customer service. I have no concerns about the rigidity. The cross member is bullet proof and the rest of the components are just as solid. Take a look at my gallery if you want to see some pics.

Good luck - Brad

Old 12-10-2004, 03:02 PM
54fever
Senior User
Svooom, i viewed your gallery and you succeeded in making me jealous of your work, nice pics, how hard was it to install the front and rear suspension? and whats your plans for frame paint?
54 fever

Old 12-10-2004, 03:16 PM
mkabwe
Junior User
I just purchase a TCI crossmember and it look really well made. I'm pulling the John thing going from volare to mustang II. The reason I decided I really want air bags, so I sold the frame with the volare clip and bought a new frame for a hundred bucks. I guess going to truck shows makes us really spend more money. My wife said "honey do you really like that" reply "yes I think I want a truck that sits on command"
mo money, mo money etc.

Old 12-11-2004, 09:46 AM
svooom
Senior User
54fever,
Thanks for the compliment,
It really wasn't too hard to install the front suspension. I just went with the "measure 12 times, weld once" mentality. The rear was a different story. I was stupid enough to think that I could piece a 4-link system together cheaper than I could buy a kit. I may have saved some bucks, but getting the stuff to fit together has proven to be a challange. I've been pretty bull headed about using the stock Explorer sway bar and that's created most of my problems. It's my own fault. I'm hoping to get more pics uploaded to my gallery this weekend. I've got more done than my gallery shows.

I'm definately with Mkabwe on the "sit on command" statement. People ask me what the point of air ride suspension is. My heart goes out to those poor souls. They just don't get it. Sad really.

Good luck! - Brad

Old 12-13-2004, 08:05 AM
War_Eagle
New User
Very nice work! You have made alot of progress and it's coming together nice. I also took note of your cab-mover. That is a slick idea, I may just borrow....Keep up the great work.