1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

sport custom

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 02:22 PM
mountainman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sport custom

my girlfriend just got a 71 sport custom, sea foam green.. white cab. yee ha. its cool. looks better then my 99. lol. u cant see what it has in the door sticker so i dont know if it has limited slip or not. the ac is out and i bet it is cuz u cant use that type of freon. bummer. anyway, its soon to be winter and how often should i fire the seafoam up to keep it up and running? i was thinking once a month take it for a long spin.

its a oldy but a goldy,, or should i say greenie

Old 12-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Your "girlfriend" just got a seafoam '71??? Great........does she have a sister??? LOL!!!

The limited slip was a pretty slim option, so if it does it's a rare bird. As for A/C, that's a pretty simple conversion to 134A. Buy the kit at your local parts store and install. Should work without any issues, as mine did(only problem it leaks down pretty fast-37yr old rubber hoses).

As for driving it this winter...I'd leave it parked(it's pretty nasty up your way isn't it??). Unless you get it completely warmed up, the moisture will rot the exhaust quicker than leaving it sit cold. As for everything else....leave it sit. I put my hot rods in garage for winter, don't do anything, in spring change oil and drive them. NO fancy fuel additives, etc. Never a problem in 15 yrs.

Now, if your leaving it for a year, then maybe do some preventative stuff, but for a few months I don't worry about it. It will be fine come spring.

Just my .01

Old 12-08-2004, 03:32 PM
mountainman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya she does, but married,, swede too. lol. anyway thanks for the advice. and the dash lights are out but the guy she bought it from put it a red light on the steering collum to light up the dash. funky eh? its a cool truck as u know. ok. so if i drive it.. put some miles on it or it will do more harm then just starting it. thanks for the info bud.