Notices

GOOD driving lights

Old 11-29-2004, 09:34 PM
19903024x4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GOOD driving lights

ok.......every set of driving lights i'v ever bought were junk.....my piaa lights i have(not that great anyways) were recently destroyed by a sand truck.......whats a good set of driving lights i can use on the road?.....i see bright ones from time to time on other trucks but i can't tell what kind they are...thanks for the help!

Old 11-30-2004, 03:07 AM
heavnbound
Elder User
One word for ya on this one...

LightForce!!

Hands down the best light you can run on a vehicle. If you want to see and want a tough light, these are the baby's to have. I had two 7" (medium) ones on my previous ride and when I rolled it down the embankment, they still worked just as advertised!

And as for light output...I could see as far down the road as the next curve (even if that curve was a mile away!)

There's a good reason the Aussie's use these lights - they work!

Old 12-08-2004, 12:24 AM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

I will second the nomination. 240mm (9")Lightforce Blitz with bullet proof clear lexan cover. Depending on were you get them you are looking at around $300 for the standard pair with wires and switches. The HID version are $800 for the kit.

I can literally see 3/4-1 mile of the road and I can see the reflection of road markes for 2-3 miles. I'm not kidding these things are amazing. If you turn them on during the daytime you can see the light on the road and during a curve you can see them shinning on the tress.

Here is their site: http://www.lightforceusa.com/

These are the lights that most Big Rig truckers use up here. They are also becoming very popular on personal vehicles.

PS. Dont waste your money on the colored filters. I bought an extra set of the blue covers for snow/rain and found the clear had better visability. Just my opinion.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:04 PM
bkvanbek
Senior User
I just installed some PIAA 550s the lights have a high and low beam and a separate bulb for a parking light. They are fabulous, better then expected, the high beam is very bright. They look great and are about 8".

I want to wire them to change from high to low beam with the trucks high/low switch. The PIAA switch has two buttons and the lights have two relays. If I connect the PIAA's on/ off wire to the trucks low beams and the PIAA's high beam wire to the trucks high beam wire. Would that work? If not how can I control the PIAA's with the trucks factory switches?

Old 12-16-2004, 10:07 AM
boomer08
Senior User
I ride a Honda Goldwing and there is a aftermarket dealer called Tulsa Enterprises. He sells driving lights that are a 55 watt setup. A friend of mine put them on his Jeep and they look real good. On the bike or on the Jeep they really light up the road. Very impressive. And you can't ask for any better customer service. Top notch people.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:20 AM
F150newf
Senior User
I use pro comp's....they are awsome...impressed to say the least....I have a set of 8" on the front bumper, and now 4 6" are going on the utility rack. all 130 w lights.

Search this Thread