Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Where do I go from here??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 07:20 AM
Jerrod
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do I go from here??

I had problems with my 00 cc 7.3PSD on a trip out west. The local dealer replaced two injectors stating that was the problem. When I picked the vehicle up it was still not running right(chugging etc.) When arrived home(1500 miles away) I took it to my local ford garage. I trusted my local guys to fix it. They came through as usual......the dealer out west had put the wrong injectors in. The part number was totally wrong. All this work was done out of warranty.....102K. Where do I go from here and what damage have I done to the engine? The local mechanics say the engine is fine but there could be long term damage. Do I get an attorney and pursue the dealer out west? What kind of things should I ask for in a settlement? I have documentation of everything that clearly shows the wrong injectors installed and I also have the injectors themselves. It is clear who was at fault....now the question of what and how to pursue it??

Old 11-25-2004, 08:39 AM
DaBigTow
Elder User
If you want to pursue more than a straight refund, or if the stealership offers a hassle, get a lawyer. I seriously doubt there's any damage, long-term or otherwise.

Old 11-25-2004, 10:58 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

Be careful, the forum guidelines state:
"Do not post content seeking support for a lawsuit."

The first thing I would do, if you haven't already done so, is contact the other dealer that put in the wrong injectors. Approach them with their screw up and see what they say. Maybe, just maybe, they'll admit the mistake and return your money. About long-term affects, not sure what it would affect, unless something with the HPOP and the injectors didn't work correctly with it screwing something up that will go bad at a later date. What did the mechanic say would be the long-term damage?