General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Hunters Killed

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 05:51 PM
AeroPA
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everything we say here is conjecture. We weren't there. He said, they said. And we can guess at the rest. All we know is 6 people are dead, 2 wounded, and he admits he shot them.

There is no way the survivors are going to admit to racial slurs or even firing first(if it happened). The only thing Vang can say in his defense is that he was fired upon first, after being surrounded by unfriendly caucasian people calling him names and ejecting him from private property.

I doubt if we'll ever know the whole truth, but Vang gets his day in court, just like he should.

Old 11-25-2004, 07:34 PM
mkoser
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I find it amazing that there was ONE weapon found among the hunters that lay slain, and it was still loaded.....
They had no idea what was coming, I am sure they would have squeezed off a few rounds had they known that 8 of them would end up getting shot.
In WI, you must proove that your life was in immediate danger in order to apply deadly force. A warning shot,a shot to the ground, or a shouting match is not good enough. If infact the hunters did fire a shot, they were wrong. Like many else, I could understand why vang shot the one hunter, had he actaully fired the first shot. That is where it should have stopped.
In regards to the road rage driver, In WI he most likly would have gotten charged with homicide by the negligent use of a firearm. He most certaintly would have never gotten away scott free.
BTW WI does not allow CCW, but Minnesota does.
MK

Old 11-25-2004, 08:43 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mkoser- i dont know where you live, but unfortunalty MN quit issuing CCW permits after the first anniversary of when we started issuing them.

the light rail train has killed more people than the CCW people have... sad

anyways- this Vang guy, was shooting people in the back. thats murder, period. ive never felt threatened by someone who was facing away from me.

and, i truely wonder if these people shot at him first. is that proven? or is he just saying that?? i mean, there was a mother and her young son shot... would they approach a stranger with a rifle and start calling him names?? i wouldnt, even if i were armed.

Old 11-25-2004, 10:07 PM
OKMIC1
Elder User
Originally Posted by BuiltToughF250

and, i truely wonder if these people shot at him first. is that proven? or is he just saying that?? i mean, there was a mother and her young son shot... would they approach a stranger with a rifle and start calling him names?? i wouldnt, even if i were armed.
Obviously, less than a week after it happened, nothing is proven one way or another. The woman and son wouldn't be innocent automatically by age and sex alone. They probably didn't do anything, but the crowd mentality certainly can turn rational people into an irrational mob quite quickly.

I find it interesting that so many of the media reports make mention of his being a sharpshooter, a designation that even I qualified for, and his receiving a Good Conduct Medal. Nearly every military member receives the Good Conduct Medal as long as they stay out of trouble for 3 years and the Sharpshooter designation isn't that uncommon. I qualified the first time I fired an M-16.

Old 11-25-2004, 10:19 PM
250-1968_campspecial
Senior User
this may sound like a dumb question but what is a ccw permit, is it like a weapon concealment permit?

Old 11-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 250-1968_campspecial
this may sound like a dumb question but what is a ccw permit, is it like a weapon concealment permit?
CCW= Concealed Carry Weapon, I believe is the full wording for the acronym. Most states that allow concealed carry require that the person with the CCW has the proper training and knowledge to do so before issuing the permit.

Old 11-26-2004, 08:01 AM
mkoser
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did not know that Minnesota stopped issuing permits. I lived in Duluth, and Superior over the last few years and knew it was a hot topic. I couldn't count how many "_________ bans ALL guns on these premises" signs that were posted EVERYWHERE.
When did they stop issuing permits, and why?
MK

Old 11-27-2004, 11:09 AM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mkoser- i may be the wrong person to give out this info, but heres my understanding of it-

the judge who reviewed the CCW law on its one year anniversery considered it "unconstantutional" due to the fact that it was first established a year ago through a loophole in the law books. a friend of mine recieved his, then he changed adresses, now hes afraid to update the info on the card fearing they might not reissue his. he might be causing more problems by not updating the info though...

its just so sad that so many states dont allow CC, ive never heard of a bad incident with someone legally allowed to carry, although im guessing this Chia Vang would have been the first one to change that-

Old 11-27-2004, 01:13 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,660 Likes on 1,355 Posts
RE: CCW

Carry Concealed Weapon