General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

The Incredibles!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Johnboy_BoomerSooner
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The Incredibles!

I took the kids to see the new pixar flick Friday... what a riot. I laughed from start to finish. Heck, they got me started with a short of a dancing sheep and a jackalope (you have to see it to understand), it wasn't as disturbing as it sounds... but funny as heck. Great movie, and great for the kids too, not near as much "adult" humor as some of the other disney flicks lately which is a good thing I think, but still witty and well written.

Anyone else seen it yet? I give it a big

Anyone else seen the previews for "Cars" that comes out next year... I can't wait. The audio effects from the race track on the preview were right on, I thought I was on turn 3 at Atlanta Motor Speedway for a minute there.

Old 11-08-2004, 05:07 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw it too. I also give it a big
My wife fell asleep half way through, so I guess I'll have to see it again! The whole theater roared in laughter when "Bob" got out of his car and almost slipped on the skateboard, then proceeded to "almost" wreck his car.

Ah, I gotta see it again.

Old 11-08-2004, 10:15 PM
broncobillybob
Posting Guru
Yup, I saw it and it was awesome, I liked the part where Bob throws his boss through the wall. I highly recommend this surprisingly non-cheesy film to all. -Bill

Old 11-09-2004, 12:16 AM
Caplax40
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw it on Sunday with my girlfriend. I thought it was alright. The "Boundin" short was borderline disturbing and just odd. Overall the Incredibles was good. I can't imagine a lot of younger kids would be able to follow it and the storyline was kinda loosely linked together, but I'd give it a B. Funny in parts, not so in others. But mostly entertaining.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:23 AM
patsplace
Senior User
Gotta see it!! Just watched Hellboy last night and while not a kids movie, was a hoot to watch. Comic books brought to life!!
Pat

Old 11-09-2004, 09:27 AM
76supercab2
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I enjoyed the '60s retro styling of the drawing. The part where the baby ("He doesn't have any super powers") shows he IS a super had me on the floor! No bad surprises for the kids. Fun for the grownups. I recommend it.

I also liked the part where Frozone got in an argument with his wife about where his super suit was. Samuel Jackson rocks.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:28 AM
spikedog
Posting Guru
Caplax40 - agree with you about the short film with the pink sheep. Suppose there is a message in there somewhere about being yourself, but I hate being preached to by a cartoon.

The main event - The INcredibles - was great. I want to see it again right away, but I think my wife is going to drag me to The Polar Express next.

Did the evil kid genius' standup red hair remind you of the old Christmas movie "The Year with no Santa Claus?" The one with the jerky puppet brothers - one was hot, the other cold. Can't remember the names, but Shirley Booth the TV maid did voice work in it.

Old 11-09-2004, 10:24 AM
weymouth
Senior User
Originally Posted by spikedog
Did the evil kid genius' standup red hair remind you of the old Christmas movie "The Year with no Santa Claus?" The one with the jerky puppet brothers - one was hot, the other cold. Can't remember the names, but Shirley Booth the TV maid did voice work in it.
I’m Mr. Heat Miser,
I’m Mr. Sun,
I’m Mr. Heat Blister,
I’m Mr. 101,
Friends call me Heat Miser,
Whatever I touch,
Starts to melt in my clutch,
I’m too much,
Ba-dum dum dum.

<o></o>

I’m Mr. Cold Miser,
I’m Mr. Snow,
I’m Mr. White Christmas,
I’m Mr. 10 below,
Friends call me Cold Miser,
Whatever I touch,
Starts to freeze in my clutch,
I’m too much,
Ba-dum dum dum.

<o> </o>

Ok, I know I have issues…

Old 11-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Johnboy_BoomerSooner
Elder User
Caplax40 -
Reminded me of a TROLL... I cracked up every time I saw him.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:26 AM
fn250
Elder User
GREAT!!! LOVED IT! gets

Old 11-09-2004, 01:43 PM
spikedog
Posting Guru
Weymouth - you know it, man. That's incredible....

Johnboy_boomersooner - I hadn't though about the trolls, but I can see a resemblance there too. My sister used to have dozens of them in the early '60's, but I tortured them. Come to think of it, their hair was pretty flammable.

Old 11-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Andyman8282
Senior User
Basically if your the cultured American person, you'll enjoy the movie. I sure as heck give it a big thumbs up!

Old 11-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
I went and saw it today. It was Hilarious! I liked the little kid at the end (not the baby) when he said "MAN, THAT WAS WICKED!"

But of course the little baby too!

-Matt

Old 11-14-2004, 06:25 PM
flyboy2610
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My kids have watched that video 4-5 times so far this weekend.
I love the line where Mother Nature says something to the effect of "Did the boys give you any trouble?"
Mrs. Claus "I'm sure they didn't mean to."
Mother Nature "Ooooooh, yes they did!"

I took my kids to see The Incredibles yesterday. They loved it. My son laughed himself silly when the litle boy on the tricycle popped the bubble on his face, and when Frozone froze the policeman.

Old 11-14-2004, 08:23 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Hello My name is Flip4ford and I am a Cartoon-a-holic. :-)

The Pink sheep is so funny. I had to explain Jackalope to my wife... (she's only 24 and didn't get it???) AWSOME MOVIE!!! Really funny.

Quick Reply: The Incredibles!