Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Duramax, Cummins or PSD - Who is the most powerful?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 02:42 AM
Logical Heritic
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PowerStroke King
This thread is a bunch of blah blah blah. For 99% of truck owners, the stock Ford with PSD and TorqShift is the best all-around truck on the market, bar none. Faster, tows more at higher speeds, better shifting, better reliability, better quality.
Tisk Tisk PSK. Guess you didnt read the JD Power long term study. It said the 01 powerstroke was 450% less reliable. On average. Wheres the quality in that? It was actually the only diesel that costed more to own and operate long term than its gas counterpart. I can dig it up for you again if you like.

It is a very good combo. But there is more than one guy on his third truck after buybacks.

I am not a gambling man.

Old 11-15-2004, 07:30 PM
PowerStroke King
Senior User
sure, dig up the "long term" JD Power study on a 2001 powerstroke.

Old 11-15-2004, 08:07 PM
BigDaddy6969
Senior User
If the 2003 6.0 got a better rating than the 2001 7.3 by JDPA then i am throwing the flag on them. That would be the biggest crock ever.

Old 11-16-2004, 02:57 AM
Logical Heritic
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by PowerStroke King
sure, dig up the "long term" JD Power study on a 2001 powerstroke.
You got sommtin better.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:04 PM
landstroker51
Senior User
When did everyone turn in to a race car driver.
Why would anyone care what goes faster A powerstroke or durajunk?
They are not built for racing nor do most people that buy them want to race them.
They are used for certain individual purpose - hauling, towing, snowplowing etc.
STOP RACING EVERTHING PLEASE.
EVEN DODGE HAS THIS THING WITH THESES HEMIS.
They put in everything.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:07 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by landstroker51
When did everyone turn in to a race car driver.
Why would anyone care what goes faster A powerstroke or durajunk?
They are not built for racing nor do most people that buy them want to race them.
They are used for certain individual purpose - hauling, towing, snowplowing etc.
STOP RACING EVERTHING PLEASE.
EVEN DODGE HAS THIS THING WITH THESES HEMIS.
They put in everything.
landstroker, the PSD trucks are capable of sub-12 second quarter miles when modified to do so. Trucks that are that fast are still 100% streetable, and retain the capabilities to haul large loads.

If it is capable of racing, there is no good reason why it should not be used to do so.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:08 PM
landstroker51
Senior User
KENWORTH I AM WITH YOU 100%.
Since when did everyone turn into a race car driver.
These trucks are made for working.
Ford Gt made to go fast and have performance.
IMHO you dont buy a truck to race it.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:26 PM
mootMeddler
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Logical Heritic
You got sommtin better.
Yeah he has an "04" PSD which is "light years" ahead of the 01 and its the best darn truck in the world----fact. Opinion----its a good truck, its faster than its competitors if you're in a hurry, which most people are. Statistics don't matter here, I know I for one don't listen to any magazine unless its in my favor. The PSD is the most powerful or makes the most use out of its power as PSKing would put it. Quality on the other hand is entirely opinionated. I'm sure everyone thinks what they own is the most durable because it starts every morning.

Old 11-28-2004, 06:37 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by mootMeddler
Yeah he has an "04" PSD which is "light years" ahead of the 01 and its the best darn truck in the world----fact. Opinion----its a good truck, its faster than its competitors if you're in a hurry, which most people are. Statistics don't matter here, I know I for one don't listen to any magazine unless its in my favor. The PSD is the most powerful or makes the most use out of its power as PSKing would put it. Quality on the other hand is entirely opinionated. I'm sure everyone thinks what they own is the most durable because it starts every morning.
WELCOME to the site, please read the Guidelines… Check out the list of forums and make sure you read the headings and Read First: notices in each forum.
Enjoy FTE

Old 11-28-2004, 10:28 PM
mtomac
Junior User
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
landstroker, the PSD trucks are capable of sub-12 second quarter miles when modified to do so.
Other than David Lott/Diesel Innovations who else has a Powerstroke that runs in the 11's?

Old 11-29-2004, 03:04 AM
Logical Heritic
Posting Guru
Hey moot. Is that avatar from pink floyd?

Old 11-29-2004, 11:15 AM
FORD352V8
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats right. Trucks are not made for racing, they are meant, first and foremost for WORK not commuting, not racing, not grocery getting. The truck market has changed a lot and people get trucks for these puroposes which is fine, but a slow truck that starts every time and doseant break even after overloading it is what the most important thing is. That said, I have fun in my trucks and I do modify them to accerlate faster and be more fun. But a slow truck is a fine truck too. If I wanted something to only commute with, id get a car.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:15 PM
mtomac
Junior User
Originally Posted by FORD352V8
Thats right. Trucks are not made for racing, they are meant, first and foremost for WORK not commuting, not racing, not grocery getting. The truck market has changed a lot and people get trucks for these puroposes which is fine, but a slow truck that starts every time and doseant break even after overloading it is what the most important thing is. That said, I have fun in my trucks and I do modify them to accerlate faster and be more fun. But a slow truck is a fine truck too. If I wanted something to only commute with, id get a car.
The best part is with the right diesel truck you can work, drag race, tow heavy, truck pull & daily drive all in the same day and the truck is still reliable.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:37 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
If a man drives it then at some point in time he will race it, does not matter if it is a truck or a grocery cart...or little red wagon from our past…beat the guy down the street when I was 8….in gravity racing…..that is. What about the big rigs they race all over Europe and Australia...if it is powered we race them, airplanes, boats, cars, and even trucks

Old 11-29-2004, 01:22 PM
John Russell
Senior User
Talking Tim, I agree!

Tim,
I have to agree with you! The "hook" here is Racing is FUN! Going fast in a controlled environment is a HUGE adrenaline rush and boys will be boys as we all know (this is not restricted to the male sector).
I just drive to Austin from Dallas last Wednesday with my family, and averaged 19.43 mpg in my F250, and it was the WORST trip I have ever taken, bar none!!!
Bumper to bumper, stop & go all the way and averaged just a tick over 30 miles an hour. Boy, that was a trip from ...... well, you know !
John R.

Quick Reply: Duramax, Cummins or PSD - Who is the most powerful?